"This Copy of Windows Vista is not Genuine"

Fireguy32

"This Copy of Windows Vista is not Genuine"

Alright before you say it My Vista is a "Valid" purchase, its not a
copy, I got the @#@! receipt to prove it. With that out of the way,
yesterday i was just chugging along and I lose my connection to internet
and my background picture goes black. I thought no big deal just reboot
right? Well when I did that it said I needed to reactivate my vista
because my version was not valid. WTF I bought this the right way so I
wouldn't have these problems. Anywho reactivated my copy and at the
bottom it still says Windows Vista (TM) under that "Build 6001" and
under that "This copy of Windows is not Genuine" now I saw a post that
was close with people having this same problem but there was no
resolution. I am no way tech savy to (helllooo Fireman here) so I didn't
go anywhere I shouldn't have (I don't think) But bottom line What the
hell is the fix?!?! Please dont reply to this if you think my vista is a
cracked version lets just say for the sake of argument and my patience
that it is the real deal (bought it through Amazon)

Thanks!
Fireguy32

--
Fireguy32
Brink

Re: "This Copy of Windows Vista is not Genuine"

Fireguy32;851899 Wrote:
> Alright before you say it My Vista is a "Valid" purchase, its not a
> copy, I got the @#@! receipt to prove it. With that out of the way,
> yesterday i was just chugging along and I lose my connection to internet
> and my background picture goes black. I thought no big deal just reboot
> right? Well when I did that it said I needed to reactivate my vista
> because my version was not valid. WTF I bought this the right way so I
> wouldn't have these problems. Anywho reactivated my copy and at the
> bottom it still says Windows Vista (TM) under that "Build 6001" and
> under that "This copy of Windows is not Genuine" now I saw a post that
> was close with people having this same problem but there was no
> resolution. I am no way tech savy to (helllooo Fireman here) so I didn't
> go anywhere I shouldn't have (I don't think) But bottom line What the
> hell is the fix?!?! Please dont reply to this if you think my vista is a
> cracked version lets just say for the sake of argument and my patience
> that it is the real deal (bought it through Amazon)
>
> Thanks!
> Fireguy32

Hello Fireguy,

You should be able to do a phone activation to activate your Vista.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/84...sta-phone.html

Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*
super_js

Re: "This Copy of Windows Vista is not Genuine"

The Same Thing Has Randomly Happened To Me......

--
super_js
mansrm81

Re: "This Copy of Windows Vista is not Genuine"

I just read somewhere not long ago that Microsoft is doing the
background changing to black to see if your verison of vista is genuine.

--
mansrm81

If you think I helped you fix your problem give me some rep . Click on
the scales.
super_js

Re: "This Copy of Windows Vista is not Genuine"

I fixed this by going on to the settitings above where it says ur vista
aint genuine under properties of my computer and changing the remote
desktop settings lol.

--
super_js