laptop

cazxx1

laptop

hi all i bought a laptop from dell last feb and it keeps freezing im in
safe mode now and that is ok. Iv been in touch with them and they have
told my to back up my whole system. and they will send it back to where
it was in the beginging. how do i do that, also I have 2 games which I
bought over the internet, no disc with them will I lose them as well
cheers

--
cazxx1
DL

Re: laptop
If you dont save data to external media, or download setup files for
programs you have purchased you are likely to lose all

"cazxx1" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> hi all i bought a laptop from dell last feb and it keeps freezing im in
> safe mode now and that is ok. Iv been in touch with them and they have
> told my to back up my whole system. and they will send it back to where
> it was in the beginging. how do i do that, also I have 2 games which I
> bought over the internet, no disc with them will I lose them as well
> cheers
>

> --
> cazxx1

cazxx1

Re: laptop

yes Iknow but how do I do it

--
cazxx1
Malke

Re: laptop
cazxx1 wrote:

> hi all i bought a laptop from dell last feb and it keeps freezing im in
> safe mode now and that is ok. Iv been in touch with them and they have
> told my to back up my whole system. and they will send it back to where
> it was in the beginging. how do i do that, also I have 2 games which I
> bought over the internet, no disc with them will I lose them as well
> cheers

As DL told you, you must save the installation executables you downloaded
and any product keys in order to be able to reinstall your games. There is
some troubleshooting you can do before returning the machine to factory
condition, though.

Since things work in Safe Mode, this means that something running in Regular
Mode is causing the issue. It could be a physical problem - usually with
the graphics chip (since you have a laptop this is on the motherboard) - or
it could be a software problem such as bad drivers or a program running in
the background.

Make sure you have the latest drivers from Dell for your specific model
laptop. Then do clean-boot troubleshooting to determine if something
running resident is the culprit.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista -

You can also search for clues using Vista's built-in troubleshooting tools:

Built-in Diagnostics -
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...agnostics.mspx
Windows Reliability and Performance Monitor (TechNet) -
http://tinyurl.com/2mlbws
Event Viewer How To (TechNet) - http://tinyurl.com/2jejzc

to see if Vista itself detects a problem:

Control Panel
System and Maintenance
Performance information and tools
Advanced tools in left pane

Start > All Programs > Maintenance > Problem Reports and Solutions > View
Problem History

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Richard in AZ

Re: laptop
"cazxx1" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:4b5db97684156927aa7e4ab52a51f278@nntp-gateway.com...

> yes Iknow but how do I do it
>

> --
> cazxx1

You make it sound like you really have no skills in operating a computer.
It might be time to consider spending some money on a tutor.
If nothing else, contact your local high school ask about hiring a student with computer skills.