Monitor going to sleep mode in full screen

=?Utf-8?B?a2h1cmFtMQ==?=

Monitor going to sleep mode in full screen
I've set my display settings for my monitor to turn off after being 5minutes,
but when i'm watching a movie or presentation in full screen XP had the
option not to turn off the monitor. But i can't seen to find this option in
VISTA.

It is getting bit annoying that whenever i'm watching a movie, every
5minutes i've to move the mouse or change the settings everytime

Is there any solution to this problem? any help whould be appericiated
=?Utf-8?B?c2t5enlr?=

RE: Monitor going to sleep mode in full screen
It sounds like your problem is internal settings. Turning monitor off and
when it goes to sleep are 2 different settings. If you open control
panel,system maintenance,power options you can set when the computer sleeps.
Mine is set to go to sleep only when power button is pushed or I close the
lid on my portable. Try there. If it doesn't solve your problem, you can
always come backk for the pros. I'm just a guy like you. Gary

"khuram1" wrote:

> I've set my display settings for my monitor to turn off after being 5minutes,
> but when i'm watching a movie or presentation in full screen XP had the
> option not to turn off the monitor. But i can't seen to find this option in
> VISTA.
>

> It is getting bit annoying that whenever i'm watching a movie, every
> 5minutes i've to move the mouse or change the settings everytime
>
> Is there any solution to this problem? any help whould be appericiated

=?Utf-8?B?a2h1cmFtMQ==?=

RE: Monitor going to sleep mode in full screen
its not a laptop, its a normal desktop. I've set my monitor to goto sleep
after 5mins of being inactive. cus i my pc is on most part of the day, but
im' not using it all the time.
so while i'm not on it monitor can goto sleep and thats fine, but when i'm
watchin a video, windows think that the monitor is inactive and turn off the
monitor aft 5mins aswell, which is really annoying as it disrupts while in
the movie,

there was an option in XP where monitor wouldn't goto sleep in full screen
mode(either watchin a video, presentation or a slide show) but i can't seem
to find this option here.
any help be apperciated

"skyzyk" wrote:

> It sounds like your problem is internal settings. Turning monitor off and
> when it goes to sleep are 2 different settings. If you open control
> panel,system maintenance,power options you can set when the computer sleeps.
> Mine is set to go to sleep only when power button is pushed or I close the
> lid on my portable. Try there. If it doesn't solve your problem, you can
> always come backk for the pros. I'm just a guy like you. Gary
>
> "khuram1" wrote:
>
> > I've set my display settings for my monitor to turn off after being 5minutes,
> > but when i'm watching a movie or presentation in full screen XP had the
> > option not to turn off the monitor. But i can't seen to find this option in
> > VISTA.
> >

> > It is getting bit annoying that whenever i'm watching a movie, every
> > 5minutes i've to move the mouse or change the settings everytime
> >
> > Is there any solution to this problem? any help whould be appericiated

=?Utf-8?B?S2FtZV9ib3k=?=

RE: Monitor going to sleep mode in full screen
I also have the exact same problem. I find it very strange that there are so
few threads about this.

Anyway, im using a geforce 7800gt, with forceware 101.70 (also happened with
older drivers) and on a opteron / dfi-expert nforce 4 system. Although i
dont think its a driver or hardware issue.

I use media player classic for wathing movies, and i got the latest k-lite
codec pack installed.

Any help or workaround would be very appreciated.
utkarsh sawant

vista monitor sleep after some time
Hi,

I got exactly same issue and no resoltion. Monitor goes to sleep after 2-3 minutes, and come back by moving mouse or any key.

I tried below steps

- Installed all different vido drivers for Nvidia GEforce 9300.
- Installed vista home premium again
- Checked all power settings

So seems some issue in vista settings or its a bug.

Please sned me solution at utkarshsawant@gmail.com.

Thanks
Utkarsh

Kame_bo wrote:

I also have the exact same problem.
11-Apr-07

I also have the exact same problem. I find it very strange that there are so
few threads about this.

Anyway, im using a geforce 7800gt, with forceware 101.70 (also happened with
older drivers) and on a opteron / dfi-expert nforce 4 system. Although i
dont think its a driver or hardware issue.

I use media player classic for wathing movies, and i got the latest k-lite
codec pack installed.

Any help or workaround would be very appreciated.

On Friday, March 30, 2007 4:12 PM
khuram wrote:

Monitor going to sleep mode in full screen
I've set my display settings for my monitor to turn off after being 5minutes,
but when i'm watching a movie or presentation in full screen XP had the
option not to turn off the monitor. But i can't seen to find this option in
VISTA.

It is getting bit annoying that whenever i'm watching a movie, every
5minutes i've to move the mouse or change the settings everytime

Is there any solution to this problem? any help whould be appericiated

On Saturday, March 31, 2007 10:16 AM
skyzy wrote:

It sounds like your problem is internal settings.
It sounds like your problem is internal settings. Turning monitor off and
when it goes to sleep are 2 different settings. If you open control
panel,system maintenance,power options you can set when the computer sleeps.
Mine is set to go to sleep only when power button is pushed or I close the
lid on my portable. Try there. If it doesn't solve your problem, you can
always come backk for the pros. I'm just a guy like you. Gary

"khuram1" wrote:

On Saturday, March 31, 2007 3:58 PM
khuram wrote:

its not a laptop, its a normal desktop.
its not a laptop, its a normal desktop. I've set my monitor to goto sleep
after 5mins of being inactive. cus i my pc is on most part of the day, but
im' not using it all the time.
so while i'm not on it monitor can goto sleep and thats fine, but when i'm
watchin a video, windows think that the monitor is inactive and turn off the
monitor aft 5mins aswell, which is really annoying as it disrupts while in
the movie,

there was an option in XP where monitor wouldn't goto sleep in full screen
mode(either watchin a video, presentation or a slide show) but i can't seem
to find this option here.
any help be apperciated

"skyzyk" wrote:

On Wednesday, April 11, 2007 8:18 AM
Kame_bo wrote:

I also have the exact same problem.
I also have the exact same problem. I find it very strange that there are so
few threads about this.

Anyway, im using a geforce 7800gt, with forceware 101.70 (also happened with
older drivers) and on a opteron / dfi-expert nforce 4 system. Although i
dont think its a driver or hardware issue.

I use media player classic for wathing movies, and i got the latest k-lite
codec pack installed.

Any help or workaround would be very appreciated.

..NET Remoting - Marshal Objects ByRef
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...marshal-o.aspx