Please help newbie with drag and drop!

llbtt

Please help newbie with drag and drop!

I'm a new vista user and have noticed problems with functions that say
"drag icon" or "drag bookmarklet" to toolbars. There seems to be NO
drag and drop. Am I missing something?

--
llbtt
dgmacmi

Re: Please help newbie with drag and drop!

"llbtt" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I'm a new vista user and have noticed problems with functions that say
> "drag icon" or "drag bookmarklet" to toolbars. There seems to be NO
> drag and drop. Am I missing something?
>

> --
> llbtt

Drag and drop is done with your mouse or similiar device. Place the pointer
on the item to be moved. Hold down the left button and move the pointer to
where you want to move the item. Release the button.

Don

John Barnett MVP

Re: Please help newbie with drag and drop!
There isn't an option for drag and drop it is something that you do using
your mouse. Highlight the file (or whatever you want to drag and drop) with
your mouse point and keep your finger pressed drown on the left mouse
button, now drag (pull) the file to wherever you want it to be moved to and
once here release your finger off the left mouse button. The file should now
'drop' to the new position.

It can take some getting used to, but practise makes perfect.

John Barnett MVP
Windows XP Associate Expert
Windows Desktop Experience

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org
Web: http://www.silversurfer-guide.com

mail/post..

"llbtt" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I'm a new vista user and have noticed problems with functions that say
> "drag icon" or "drag bookmarklet" to toolbars. There seems to be NO
> drag and drop. Am I missing something?
>

> --
> llbtt

John Barnett MVP

Re: Please help newbie with drag and drop!
As an alternative to my last post you can also visit this link on my Silver
Surfer website which will demonstrate how to use your mouse:
http://www.silversurfer-guide.com/lesson_4.htm