how to delete old backup information?

Michael Walraven

how to delete old backup information?
Vista Home Premium SP1.
Using Backup and Restore to DVD-RW
I create a full (file) backup and then incremental ones until I have a dozen
or so DVDs then I create another full backup.
I keep two such sets, overwriting DVDs as needed.
Question comes as how to delete the information about what is on the sets
that no longer exist. If I do an advanced restore and ask for restore from
older backup on this computer (with show more than 30 days checked), I get a
very long list including those DVD's that no longer exist. There must be
some way to remove that information but it is not obvious to me!

Any pointers appreciated.

Michael

Mike

Re: how to delete old backup information?
See if this helps:
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/16...p-listing.html

"Michael Walraven" <mexxwalraven@verizon.not> wrote in message
> Vista Home Premium SP1.
> Using Backup and Restore to DVD-RW
> I create a full (file) backup and then incremental ones until I have a
> dozen or so DVDs then I create another full backup.
> I keep two such sets, overwriting DVDs as needed.
> Question comes as how to delete the information about what is on the sets
> that no longer exist. If I do an advanced restore and ask for restore from
> older backup on this computer (with show more than 30 days checked), I get
> a very long list including those DVD's that no longer exist. There must be
> some way to remove that information but it is not obvious to me!
>
> Any pointers appreciated.
>
> Michael

Michael Walraven

Re: how to delete old backup information?
Thanks a big bunch for the pointers, looks like what I need!

Michael