Need help with reinstalling system files such as shell

Sifi

Need help with reinstalling system files such as shell

So I made an error with my PC...

It started it when I restarted my PC and a popup keeps coming up saying
that something like "Cannot detect the shell23 fiel. Re-installing it
would help"

And nothing shows up but a blank black screen--I can't even access my
documents or files or anything! Other things such as "Task Manager"
popped up saying that it stopped working.

I also tried restoring those files with the USB but like I said, no
windows would open. Just...a big fat black screen staring back at me.

Help ?

--
Sifi
.Joe

Re: Need help with reinstalling system files such as shell

Sifi;847906 Wrote:
> So I made an error with my PC...
>
> It started it when I restarted my PC and a popup keeps coming up saying
> that something like "Cannot detect the shell23 fiel. Re-installing it
> would help"
>
> And nothing shows up but a blank black screen--I can't even access my
> documents or files or anything! Other things such as "Task Manager"
> popped up saying that it stopped working.
>

> I also tried restoring those files with the USB but like I said, no
> windows would open. Just...a big fat black screen staring back at me.
>
> Help ?

I'd suggest starting with repairing the system files. There are also
links to other repairs as well:

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/66...c-command.html

Let us know if that works for you.

--
.Joe

_[image:
http://uswave.net/vistax64/joetmvx64.png] (\"http://uswave.net/vistax64/joetmvx64.png\")_
_*::Vista_Forums::* (\"http://www.vistax64.com/\")_
'Geekbench Score: 4031'
(http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/view/51273)
_CPU-Z (\"http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=345866\")_
Sifi

Re: Need help with reinstalling system files such as shell

Thanks!

I'm currently looking at the "How To Perform a Repair Installation For
Vista\" page and my Vista was already installed onto my PC when I bought
it; so I'm assuming that I must go purchase it? ><

Also, the pop-up actually said about my SHELL32.dll file--it also
stated to reinstall that but of course, is that referring to a disc?

I did not receive any sort of a CD when I bought the PC. -__-

:cry:

--
Sifi
mansrm81

Re: Need help with reinstalling system files such as shell

What kind of pc do you have.

--
mansrm81

If you think I helped you fix your problem give me some rep .
Sifi

mansrm81;847947 Wrote:
> what kind of pc do you have.

hp.

--
Sifi
mansrm81

Re: Need help with reinstalling system files such as shell

Have you made the Recovery Disc's

mansrm81;847997 Wrote:
> Have you made the Recovery Disc's

Unfortunately, no...

--
Sifi
mansrm81

Re: Need help with reinstalling system files such as shell

You can get them from HP's website only have to pay shipping and
handling. What kind of HP computer do you have like the model?

--
mansrm81

If you think I helped you fix your problem give me some rep .
Mick Murphy

Re: Need help with reinstalling system files such as shell
Sifi, what happens if righ at Power on/Startup, you tap F8, and try to go
into Safe Mode?
--
Mad Mike