activation

=?Utf-8?B?dXNzeQ==?=

activation
i just recently bought a pc which has got windows vista it know requires me
to activate i put in the given product key but in response it says that the
product key that i have typed is not valid and is in use
what shall i do?
Conor

Re: activation
In article <3765D6A2-AC6F-45D0-9E21-96046099B073@microsoft.com>, ussy
says...
> i just recently bought a pc which has got windows vista it know requires me
> to activate i put in the given product key but in response it says that the
> product key that i have typed is not valid and is in use
> what shall i do?

Contact whoever you bought it from.

--
Conor

until you hear them speak.........
Cal Bear '66

Re: activation
Use phone activation

"Conor" <conor.turton@gmail.com> wrote in message news:MPG.207713d04b2d512e98a338@news.karoo.co.uk.. .
> In article <3765D6A2-AC6F-45D0-9E21-96046099B073@microsoft.com>, ussy
> says...
>> i just recently bought a pc which has got windows vista it know requires me
>> to activate i put in the given product key but in response it says that the
>> product key that i have typed is not valid and is in use
>> what shall i do?
>>

> Contact whoever you bought it from.
>
> --
> Conor
>
> Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright
> until you hear them speak.........

John Barnett MVP

Re: activation
First make sure that you have read the product key number correctly and
inputted it correctly. I've done it myself so i know how easy it is to
mis-read or mistype a letter. If activation is still refused due to the
product key being invalid then select the option to use telephone
activation.

The telephone activation uses a free phone (toll free) number so it isn't
going to cost you anything. You 'must' be in front of your pc and have it
switched on and the activation page displayed. The service is automated so
you will be asked to type certain numbers into your telephone keypad. If the
telephone activation goes well, you will be given a set of numbers to type
into the dialogue box on your computer screen in order for the activation to
go ahead,

If the activation is refused don't put the phone down. Keep listening to the
instruction you are given. After automated activation has been refused you
will be transferred to a 'real' person who will guide you through the
procedure and who should be able to offer advice if the product key is
truely invalid.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert