problem with Incredimail

yorkshire lass

problem with Incredimail

Exception: ACCESS_VIOLATION (C0000005) - on reading from 00000000
Faulting Offset: 0001185D
Module: ImApp.exe

0001185D ImApp.exe

Every now and then I get this error message from Incredimail saying
that Incredimail has crashed and please send an error report. It's very
odd because it comes when I'm not using Incredimail, I might just have
the computer showing the desktop or I might be on this Forum page. Does
anybody know what it means and/or how I might get rid of it ? I should
add that McAfee is set up to allow Incredimail as per their
instructions. I have been in touch with Incredimail but they don't seem
to know what the problem is !!

--
yorkshire lass

__________________
Vista Home Premium ;AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core Processor;260 GHS ;
2048 RAM 250 GB
external HD 250 GB;MacaFee Total Security 9
Ex_Brit

Re: problem with Incredimail

See if this is any help: 'error message when scanning - McAfee Support
Forums' (http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/showthread.php?p=530074)

--
Ex_Brit

::*-Peter-*::
Toronto, Canada
XP Pro SP3 & Vista Ultimate SP1
P4 HT @ 3.0ghz, 4gb DDR, 700gb HDD
Ex_Brit

Re: problem with Incredimail

I just realised it's you again...sorry, but didn't that fix it?

Have you tried '*_Incredimail_Support_*'
(http://www.incredimail.com/english/c...deptSelect=1)?

Ex_Brit;844388 Wrote:
> See if this is any help: 'error message when scanning - McAfee Support
> Forums' (http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/showthread.php?p=530074)

Thanks for replying so quickly . In fact that was my post in the
McAfee Forum as I wasn't sure how to make sure that Incredimail was
fully enabled for the McAfee Firewall. It is fully enabled and I did
wonder if McAfee or Threatfire was finding this strange file when
scanning my OS. I have got used to just deleting the message when it
pops up but I wonder if it is something I should worry about.

--
yorkshire lass

__________________

Ex_Brit;844397 Wrote:
> I just realised it's you again...sorry, but didn't that fix it?
>
> Have you tried '*_Incredimail_Support_*'
> (http://www.incredimail.com/english/c...deptSelect=1)?

I've been in touch with Incredimail and tried all their suggestions,
updating Incredimail, sent them all kinds of information , tried
deleting and then renewing my account and still the blessed thing keeps
popping up!

--
yorkshire lass

__________________
Vista Home Premium ;AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core Processor;260 GHS ;
2048 RAM 250 GB
external HD 250 GB;MacaFee Total Security 9
Ex_Brit

Re: problem with Incredimail

All I know is that this error has been around for a very long time.
Googling it I don't find any real explanation or cure for it despite a
lot of hits.

Let's hope that someone here with more knowledge spots this thread.

Ex_Brit;844434 Wrote:
> All I know is that this error has been around for a very long time.
> Googling it I don't find any real explanation or cure for it despite a
> lot of hits.
>
> Let's hope that someone here with more knowledge spots this thread.

So it's not just me then! Thank goodness for that, so presumably, it's
just a nuisance and not something to be concerned about. Thank you So
much for going to so much trouble.

--
yorkshire lass

__________________
Vista Home Premium ;AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core Processor;260 GHS ;
2048 RAM 250 GB
external HD 250 GB;MacaFee Total Security 9
Paul Montgomery

Re: problem with Incredimail
On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 14:01:13 -0500, Ex_Brit <guest@unknown-email.com>
wrote:

>Let's hope that someone here with more knowledge spots this thread.

Since a Googling of "Incredimail has crashed" only came up with her
post on WorldStart on 9/18... and it shows NO posts in any of the
Vista/XP forums, I'd say don't get your hopes up.

It ain't lookin' good.
Ex_Brit

Re: problem with Incredimail

You're welcome. I wish I could help more but I see that it isn't just
Incredimail that has caused that particular error.

--
Ex_Brit

::*-Peter-*::
Toronto, Canada
XP Pro SP3 & Vista Ultimate SP1
P4 HT @ 3.0ghz, 4gb DDR, 700gb HDD
Gordon

"Paul Montgomery" <i.m.nonnymous@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
newsh5ld4hh5n4s8bkrpjdec6jv40gkeoi1s0@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 14:01:13 -0500, Ex_Brit <guest@unknown-email.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Let's hope that someone here with more knowledge spots this thread.

> Since a Googling of "Incredimail has crashed" only came up with her
> post on WorldStart on 9/18... and it shows NO posts in any of the
> Vista/XP forums, I'd say don't get your hopes up.
>
> It ain't lookin' good.

Many people consider Incredimail to be a virus - rather like AOL.....