Looking for aneyony else with a HP dv9000 series notebook.

Anthony

Looking for aneyony else with a HP dv9000 series notebook.
I have a HP dv9420us and am running Vista Home Premium 64.
Iv had a lot of problems in the past. Had to send it back for repairs 4
times.
I am currently having BSOD with sleep and Media Center, HP says its my video
driver (nvidia GeForce Go 6150).
Iv tried upgrading the driver but after several failed attempts HP tells me
to what for a custom driver for my model.
I'm just looking for someone with a similar setup to compare notes with.

Chuck

Re: Looking for aneyony else with a HP dv9000 series notebook.
7.15.10.9815 is the current HP website video driver version.
Most of the generic Nvidia drivers do not work properly with HP laptops
I do have a 9650us, but it has an Intel processor and a different Nvidia
chipset.
Updated Video drivers did solve a lot of it's problems.

"Anthony" <anthonyw717-news@yahoo.com> wrote in message
newsE9F5F16-A3D3-425D-B6AE-9CCEA0A71672@microsoft.com...
>I have a HP dv9420us and am running Vista Home Premium 64.
> Iv had a lot of problems in the past. Had to send it back for repairs 4
> times.
> I am currently having BSOD with sleep and Media Center, HP says its my
> video
> driver (nvidia GeForce Go 6150).
> Iv tried upgrading the driver but after several failed attempts HP tells
> me
> to what for a custom driver for my model.
> I'm just looking for someone with a similar setup to compare notes with.

Anthony

Re: Looking for aneyony else with a HP dv9000 series notebook.
My processor is an AMD Turion64
Don't know the chipset

"Chuck" <cdkuder@msn.com> wrote in message
> 7.15.10.9815 is the current HP website video driver version.
> Most of the generic Nvidia drivers do not work properly with HP laptops
> I do have a 9650us, but it has an Intel processor and a different Nvidia
> chipset.
> Updated Video drivers did solve a lot of it's problems.
>
> "Anthony" <anthonyw717-news@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> newsE9F5F16-A3D3-425D-B6AE-9CCEA0A71672@microsoft.com...
>>I have a HP dv9420us and am running Vista Home Premium 64.
>> Iv had a lot of problems in the past. Had to send it back for repairs 4
>> times.
>> I am currently having BSOD with sleep and Media Center, HP says its my
>> video
>> driver (nvidia GeForce Go 6150).
>> Iv tried upgrading the driver but after several failed attempts HP tells
>> me
>> to what for a custom driver for my model.
>> I'm just looking for someone with a similar setup to compare notes with.

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Looking for aneyony else with a HP dv9000 series notebook.
1. Install the latest HP BIOS update
2. Install the latest HP NVIDIA VGA Driver
(Uninstall the current NVIDIA driver first)

To download, see:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s... oduct=3439690

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Anthony" <anthonyw717-news@yahoo.com> wrote in message newsE9F5F16-A3D3-425D-B6AE-9CCEA0A71672@microsoft.com...
I have a HP dv9420us and am running Vista Home Premium 64.
Iv had a lot of problems in the past. Had to send it back for repairs 4
times.
I am currently having BSOD with sleep and Media Center, HP says its my video
driver (nvidia GeForce Go 6150).
Iv tried upgrading the driver but after several failed attempts HP tells me
to what for a custom driver for my model.
I'm just looking for someone with a similar setup to compare notes with.

Anthony

Re: Looking for aneyony else with a HP dv9000 series notebook.
My BIOS is F.3E witch is newer than the one on HP website.
I have the driver version 7.15.10.9815 dated 2/27/2007
witch is the one at there site, HP tech support says there is a newer one
( At http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvist...5.19_whql.html )
but it wont work on my system yet.
They told me they would be updating the one at there support page
eventually.

> 1. Install the latest HP BIOS update
> 2. Install the latest HP NVIDIA VGA Driver
> (Uninstall the current NVIDIA driver first)
>
> To download, see:
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s... oduct=3439690
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Desktop Experience -
> Windows Vista Enthusiast

> "Anthony" <anthonyw717-news@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> newsE9F5F16-A3D3-425D-B6AE-9CCEA0A71672@microsoft.com...
> I have a HP dv9420us and am running Vista Home Premium 64.
> Iv had a lot of problems in the past. Had to send it back for repairs 4
> times.
> I am currently having BSOD with sleep and Media Center, HP says its my
> video
> driver (nvidia GeForce Go 6150).
> Iv tried upgrading the driver but after several failed attempts HP tells
> me
> to what for a custom driver for my model.
> I'm just looking for someone with a similar setup to compare notes with.

Gerald Abrahamson

Re: Looking for aneyony else with a HP dv9000 series notebook.
On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 18:43:21 -0700, "Anthony"
<anthonyw717-news@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I have a HP dv9420us and am running Vista Home Premium 64.
>Iv had a lot of problems in the past. Had to send it back for repairs 4
>times.
>I am currently having BSOD with sleep and Media Center, HP says its my video
>driver (nvidia GeForce Go 6150).
>Iv tried upgrading the driver but after several failed attempts HP tells me
>to what for a custom driver for my model.
>I'm just looking for someone with a similar setup to compare notes with.

I have a DV9008 running XP/SP3, and it went back for repairs
in Jan 2008 due to the original BIOS destroying the HDD. Now
BIOS is F.3E and no problems (have same video chipset).
Bought it two weeks before Vista came out due to death of an
old computer and HP refused free or low-cost upgrade when
Vista came out.