windows\system32\config\regback\software

Banjo200

windows\system32\config\regback\software

:: I have an HP intel Core 2 Quad 4GB 64 Bit Vista PC, about once a week
my computer has a mind of its own and pegs my hard drive by executing
tasks like the ones below for several hours. ::

::C:\windows\system32\config\regback\software::
::C:\windows\system32\config\regback\system::
::C:\windows\system32\config\regback\Sam::
::C:\windows\system32\config\regback\security ::
::C:\windows\system32\config\regback\Default ::
:: ::
How can I schedule the tasks when I am not using my computer?

Thank you
Jeff

--
Banjo200
Bruce Chambers

Re: windows\system32\config\regback\software
Banjo200 wrote:
> :: I have an HP intel Core 2 Quad 4GB 64 Bit Vista PC, about once a week
> my computer has a mind of its own and pegs my hard drive by executing
> tasks like the ones below for several hours. ::
>
> ::C:\windows\system32\config\regback\software::
> ::C:\windows\system32\config\regback\system::
> ::C:\windows\system32\config\regback\Sam::
> ::C:\windows\system32\config\regback\security ::
> ::C:\windows\system32\config\regback\Default ::
> :: ::
> How can I schedule the tasks when I am not using my computer?

Those aren't "tasks" of any sort. Those are the backup copies of
portions of your registry. What, precisely, is your computer actually
doing with those files?

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
Janx

Re: windows\system32\config\regback\software

I just got an HP a couple weeks ago and the exact same thing is
happening every Saturday! Please post if you've found a solution and I
will do the same.

--
Janx
Banjo200

Re: windows\system32\config\regback\software

Hello Janx,

I opend a case with Microsoft, they claim this is a normal Vista
process, that would be OK but my system is slower than a snail for
several hours. I noticed HP stopped selling my Pavilion Model m9250f.
What Model HP do you have?

_Microsoft_Answer_
That is registry backup happening every Monday , That is windows
process , that is important for the system to happen every Monday , You
cannot stop that process . That is normal , Its happening for all
windows operating system .Why that is important to happen ? suppose your
computer is going to no boot situation in order to do system restore we
need to have that backup files.

In this process includes 5 files

C:\windows\system32\config\regback\software
C:\windows\system32\config\regback\system
C:\windows\system32\config\regback\Sam
C:\windows\system32\config\regback\security
C:\windows\system32\config\regback\Default

You no need to worry about that , Its normal ,Please let me send Email
if you have any issue or question

Regards,

Banjo200

--
Banjo200
Janx

Re: windows\system32\config\regback\software

I have the same HP model - m9250f! My system crawls for several hours
every Saturday. Very frustrating as you can't do anything all day!
Then poof, the regback finishes and system retunrs to normal. Crazy.

--
Janx
Janx

Re: windows\system32\config\regback\software

I just sent an email to HP support to see if they can help. I'll let
you know what they say.

--
Janx
Banjo200

Re: windows\system32\config\regback\software

I would be interested why HP discontinued our HP Pavilon Model. People
running Vista 32 bit do not have the same issue with the RegBack slow
performance issue.

I have my (2) 500GB drives set up for RAID 0, so if 1 drive fails the
other takes over. I wonder if this could be part of the problem

--
Banjo200
Rick Rogers

Re: windows\system32\config\regback\software
If you're running RAID0 (striping) and one drive fails, it all goes to pot.
You'd need to be running RAID1 (mirroring) to have fault tolerance.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Banjo200" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I would be interested why HP discontinued our HP Pavilon Model. People
> running Vista 32 bit do not have the same issue with the RegBack slow
> performance issue.
>
> I have my (2) 500GB drives set up for RAID 0, so if 1 drive fails the
> other takes over. I wonder if this could be part of the problem
>

> --
> Banjo200

Janx

Banjo200;847985 Wrote:
> I have my (2) 500GB drives set up for RAID 0, so if 1 drive fails the
> other takes over. I wonder if this could be part of the problem

I do not have 2 drives and RAID 0. I have a 750GB drive only.

Just got a reply from HP. I'm not sure if they are addressing the
actual issue. It looks more like general performance troubleshooting but
I plan to give it a try and see what happens Saturday. Here's what they
wrote me:

Thank you for contacting HP Total Care.
From your email I see that, the performance of the HP Pavilion Elite
m9350f Desktop PC is very low.
I greatly appreciate that you have forwarded your concerns and have
given me a chance to assist you with this matter. I will certainly
assist you in this regard.
Daniel, I can understand such issues with the new PC can be very
upsetting. To resolve this issue, I request you install the below
updates.
1. Windows Vista hot fix. Please visit the below HP URL to download and
install the fix:
'_ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software10/COL24606/pv-63296-1/sp37542.exe_'
(ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/softwar...-1/sp37542.exe)
Installation Instructions
1. Click the Download Only button.
2. At the File Download screen, click the Save button.
3. At the Save As screen, save the file to your Desktop.
4. If a message appears stating that the file already exists, click YES
to overwrite file.
5. Double-click the icon for the update downloaded to your desktop, and
then click NEXT.
6. Follow on-screen instructions.
7. If prompted to restart the system upon completion of the update,
click YES and allow system to restart.
2. After installing the Vista hot fix, please visit the below HP URL to
download and install the Video driver update:
'_ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software10/COL23991/pv-62013-1/sp37520.exe_'
(ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/softwar...-1/sp37520.exe)
Installation Instructions
1. Click the Download Only button.
2. At the File Download screen, click the Save button.
3. At the Save As screen, save the file to your Desktop.
4. If a message appears stating that the file already exists, click YES
to overwrite file.
5. Double-click the icon for the update downloaded to your desktop, and
then click NEXT.
6. Follow on-screen instructions.
7. If prompted to restart the system upon completion of the update,
click YES and allow system to restart.
3. After installing the video driver, please visit the below HP URL to
download and install the BIOS update:
'_ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software10/COL24178/pv-62411-1/sp37533.exe_'
(ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/softwar...-1/sp37533.exe)
Installation Instructions
1. Click the Download Only button.
2. At the File Download screen, click the Save button.
3. At the Save As screen, save the file to your Desktop.
4. If a message appears stating that the file already exists, click YES
to overwrite file.
5. Double-click the icon for the update downloaded to your desktop, and
then click NEXT.
6. Follow on-screen instructions.
7. If prompted to restart the system upon completion of the update,
click YES and allow system to restart.
After installing the above updates, please perform the steps provided
in the below HP URL. Instead of providing information in a text format,
we are referring you to the web site where the information is explained
with graphics and hyperlinks. I am sure this should be helpful to you.
The link is:
'_http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=c00815926&dlc=en_'
(http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...0815926&dlc=en)
NOTE: Clicking the link may give an error indicating it is invalid. If
this occurs, copy the portion of the address on the remaining line(S)
and paste it at the end of the address showing in your browser until the
complete address is displayed in the Address box.
I believe the above steps should increase the system performance. If
you find any difficulty in performing the steps or for further
assistance, please reply to this message and would be here round the
clock to serve you.
For information on keeping your HP and Compaq products up and running,
please visit our Web site at:
'_http://www.hp.com/go/totalcare_' (http://www.hp.com/go/totalcare)

--
Janx
Janx

Janx;847796 Wrote:
> I have the same HP model - m9250f! My system crawls for several hours
> every Saturday. Very frustrating as you can't do anything all day! Then
> poof, the regback finishes and system retunrs to normal. Crazy.

Correction! I have the m9350f. Sorry for any confusion. Still same
issue though!

--
Janx