Super Admin

Anthony

Super Admin
Ok maybe I shouldn't mess with it, but Iv heard of something called Super
Admin Account.
I only know about regular Admin.
What's the Super Admin, and how do I get to it.

mansrm81

Re: Super Admin

Its the main admin besides what you made when you first created a
profile. You need to goto control panel/ user accounts/ manage accounts
and click on Administrator.

--
mansrm81
DDW

Re: Super Admin
"Anthony" <anthonyw717-news@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Ok maybe I shouldn't mess with it, but Iv heard of something called Super
>Admin Account.
>I only know about regular Admin.
>What's the Super Admin, and how do I get to it.

The Super Admin is THE Admin account and it's disabled in Vista.
However...

http://lifehacker.com/341521/enable-...trator-account

DDW
No email please
Bruce Chambers

Re: Super Admin
Anthony wrote:
> Ok maybe I shouldn't mess with it, but Iv heard of something called
> Super Admin Account.
> I only know about regular Admin.
> What's the Super Admin, and how do I get to it.

There's no such thing, in Microsoft operating systems, as a "Super
Admin" account. The term is sometimes used by the computer illiterate
to describe the built-in local Administrator account. They're operating
under the misconception that tere are different types or levels of
Administrator. This is false. In reality, any other account, local or
domain, that has been added to the local Administrators group on the
workstation is exactly as powerful as this built-in account.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
Ian D

Re: Super Admin

> Anthony wrote:
>> Ok maybe I shouldn't mess with it, but Iv heard of something called Super
>> Admin Account.
>> I only know about regular Admin.
>> What's the Super Admin, and how do I get to it.
>>

> There's no such thing, in Microsoft operating systems, as a "Super Admin"
> account. The term is sometimes used by the computer illiterate to
> describe the built-in local Administrator account. They're operating
> under the misconception that tere are different types or levels of
> Administrator. This is false. In reality, any other account, local or
> domain, that has been added to the local Administrators group on the
> workstation is exactly as powerful as this built-in account.
>

> --
>
> Bruce Chambers

One difference is that it is a true Administrator account with
constant elevated privileges, and not subject to UAC prompts,
although UAC is still running in the background. Very useful
when installing software and configuring the system, etc.

Bruce Chambers

Re: Super Admin
Ian D wrote:

> One difference is that it is a true Administrator account with
> constant elevated privileges, and not subject to UAC prompts,
> although UAC is still running in the background. Very useful
> when installing software and configuring the system, etc.

There's no difference there, either.

> Ian D wrote:
>>

>> One difference is that it is a true Administrator account with
>> constant elevated privileges, and not subject to UAC prompts,
>> although UAC is still running in the background. Very useful
>> when installing software and configuring the system, etc.

> There's no difference there, either.
>

> --
>
> Bruce Chambers

By, "no difference," are you referring to the fact that other
administrative users can be given the same relief from UAC
without actually turning it off, by using the local security policies
in Vista Business and Ultimate? My reference to this
Administrator account is based on its description in, "Windows
Vista Inside Out - Second Edition."

AJR

Re: Super Admin
Three accounts associatd with Vista:

1. Bulit-in Administrator - default status
is disabled except when ugrading from
XP toVista. Can be enable via "net"
command

2. Administrator created via Control
Panel applet or Administrative Tools

3. Standard User created as per item #2

One difference between #1 and #2 - #2 (Administrator) functions via a
Standard User Token..

Ian D wrote:
> "Bruce Chambers" <bchambers@cable0ne.n3t> wrote in message
>> Ian D wrote:
>>>
>>> One difference is that it is a true Administrator account with
>>> constant elevated privileges, and not subject to UAC prompts,
>>> although UAC is still running in the background. Very useful
>>> when installing software and configuring the system, etc.

>> There's no difference there, either.
>>

>> --
>>
>> Bruce Chambers
>>

> By, "no difference," are you referring to the fact that other
> administrative users can be given the same relief from UAC
> without actually turning it off, by using the local security policies
> in Vista Business and Ultimate? My reference to this
> Administrator account is based on its description in, "Windows
> Vista Inside Out - Second Edition."

No, I'm saying that even the built-in Administrator has to deal with
the same UAC prompts. My reference for this is first-hand experience
configuring and deploying new Vista Enterprise workstations, almost daily.

> Ian D wrote:
>> "Bruce Chambers" <bchambers@cable0ne.n3t> wrote in message

>>> There's no difference there, either.
>>>

>>> --
>>>
>>> Bruce Chambers
>>>

>> By, "no difference," are you referring to the fact that other
>> administrative users can be given the same relief from UAC
>> without actually turning it off, by using the local security policies
>> in Vista Business and Ultimate? My reference to this
>> Administrator account is based on its description in, "Windows
>> Vista Inside Out - Second Edition."

> No, I'm saying that even the built-in Administrator has to deal with the
> same UAC prompts. My reference for this is first-hand experience
> configuring and deploying new Vista Enterprise workstations, almost daily.
>

> --

I think we're each talking about something different here. The
administrator account I'm referring to is the, disabled by default,
Administrator account. It is definitely not subject to UAC prompts.
I've been using that account for months on 64 bit Vista Ultimate,
and have never had a UAC prompt.

Here's what Windows Vista Inside Out, Deluxe Edition says
about it:
"With default settings in Windows Vista, it does have one unique
capability: it's not subject to UAC, even when UAC is turned on
for all other users. That is, it runs with full administrative privileges
at all times and never needs your consent for elevation"