Vista Internet Explorer Horror and confusion

MrCTC

Vista Internet Explorer Horror and confusion

OK this is getting stupid I have vista running and everytime I go to
close a Internet Explorer window it stopps and I get a message internet
explorer has stopped and then it restarts sometimes I cant close the
window it just sits there frozen even when I right click and click
close it just stays there till i go and close it useing the Task
Manager and it is getting so stupid can anyone at all help me?

--
MrCTC
Gordon

Re: Vista Internet Explorer Horror and confusion
"MrCTC" <MrCTC.312c632@vistabanter.com> wrote in message

> OK this is getting stupid I have vista running and everytime I go to
> close a Internet Explorer window it stopps and I get a message internet
> explorer has stopped and then it restarts sometimes I cant close the
> window it just sits there frozen even when I right click and click
> close it just stays there till i go and close it useing the Task
> Manager and it is getting so stupid can anyone at all help me?

Sounds like an add-in. Try starting IE in no-addins mode (Start-All
programs-Accessories-System Tools) and see if that cures it. If it does,
then you need to disable all add-ins and en-enable them one by one until you
find the culprit(s).

HTH

BTW, for IE support post in

HappyAndyK

MrCTC;99023 Wrote:
> OK this is getting stupid I have vista running and everytime I go to
> close a Internet Explorer window it stopps and I get a message internet
> explorer has stopped and then it restarts sometimes I cant close the
> window it just sits there frozen even when I right click and click
> close it just stays there till i go and close it useing the Task
> Manager and it is getting so stupid can anyone at all help me?
> --
> MrCTC

Pls see if 'IE 7 crashes or freezes frequently in Vista '
(http://www.winvistaclub.com/t45.html)helps you.

--
HappyAndyK

www.WinVistaClub.com
HappyAndyK's Profile: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/member.php?userid=4
View this thread: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22125

Sandy

Re: Vista Internet Explorer Horror and confusion
You could just take the easy way out and switch to Firefox and probably be
up and running smoothly again in a matter of minutes........

"MrCTC" <MrCTC.312c632@vistabanter.com> wrote in message

> OK this is getting stupid I have vista running and everytime I go to
> close a Internet Explorer window it stopps and I get a message internet
> explorer has stopped and then it restarts sometimes I cant close the
> window it just sits there frozen even when I right click and click
> close it just stays there till i go and close it useing the Task
> Manager and it is getting so stupid can anyone at all help me?
>

> --
> MrCTC

xmrkneezx

Re: Vista Internet Explorer Horror and confusion

Internet Explorer has stopped working and needs to close and
restart..... Or Close Program.... Please click ok! What a pain! Well, I
found a fix for it and it's very simple...perhaps it will work for you.
I'm running Vista Home Premium on my HP Notebood. What I did was this:
1)Open Control Panel
2)Click on Internet Options
3)Click on Advanced Tab
4)click on the RESET button at the bottom
Internet Explorer is fixed, just that simple.

You loose your plugin toolbars but you don't loose any bookmarks...It
tells you what it will do and another popup will tell you again when you
go to click ok.

Now.... Anyone have a fix for me? I'm running yahoo messenger but in
the chat room I have no sound. I have sound for anything and everything
else...except yahoo chat room. Can't figure this one out....if anyone
has a fix for that...please send it along to me. Thanx

--
xmrkneezx
MrCTC

Re: Vista Internet Explorer Horror and confusion

Thankx happy I thought of that after I posted it and it was a java
add-in that did it. Now if I can get my Axis and Allies rame to run
right I will be a bit happier.......

--
MrCTC
Alex

Re: Vista Internet Explorer Horror and confusion
What Yahoo! Messenger version do you use?

"xmrkneezx" wrote:

> Internet Explorer has stopped working and needs to close and
> restart..... Or Close Program.... Please click ok! What a pain! Well, I
> found a fix for it and it's very simple...perhaps it will work for you.
> I'm running Vista Home Premium on my HP Notebood. What I did was this:
> 1)Open Control Panel
> 2)Click on Internet Options
> 3)Click on Advanced Tab
> 4)click on the RESET button at the bottom
> Internet Explorer is fixed, just that simple.
>
> You loose your plugin toolbars but you don't loose any bookmarks...It
> tells you what it will do and another popup will tell you again when you
> go to click ok.
>
> Now.... Anyone have a fix for me? I'm running yahoo messenger but in
> the chat room I have no sound. I have sound for anything and everything
> else...except yahoo chat room. Can't figure this one out....if anyone
> has a fix for that...please send it along to me. Thanx
>

> --
> xmrkneezx

xmrkneezx

Re: Vista Internet Explorer Horror and confusion

Alex, at the time I posted my comment I think I was running Messenger
8...then I came across a Vista sound fix and that took care of the
problem.
Since that time, I've had to format my laptop...when I went to
reinstall Yahoo Messenger...I discovered that the Yahoo 9 Beta program
had since addressed the "no sound" problem for the chat part of the
program. So, all is well.

Just a quick plug too... I also use *YTunnelPro* as a Companion to
Yahoo Messenger. If you (or anyone reading this post) use Yahoo
Messenger Chat a lot, it is totally worth the very nominal one time fee.
I've been using it for nearly 8yrs now and I highly recommend it....but
I use Yahoo Messenger exclusively too. Honestly, It's a waste of money
for the casual user but if you use the Chat part of the program a lot,
like I do, it's well worth it. It has many configurable security
safeguards that the regular YM program just falls short on or simply
doesn't have.

--
xmrkneezx