Drive D

Leita

Drive D
I know this has been asked before, but I can't remember what was
recommended. What files can I delete to regain back some of the space on my
D drive. My checker says that there is no more space left.

DDW

Re: Drive D
"Leita" <lal1932@verizon.net> wrote:

> I know this has been asked before, but I can't remember what was
>recommended. What files can I delete to regain back some of the space on my
>D drive. My checker says that there is no more space left.

How large is "D"? Was it there when you bought the computer?

If so, did/does it contain recovery informtion/files? If yes, then you
probably shouldn't even be using it to store anything.

DDW
No email please
SIW2

Re: Drive D

Hi Leita ,

Click the start Orb, click Computer, right click your D drive and click
Open . A window will open showing the files on your D drive.

If you take a screenshot of this and post it back , we may be able to
advise.

To post a screenshot , see steps 7 to 12 of this tutorial

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/14...ool-vista.html

( When you reply, click the Quick button, bottom right, then click the
Go Advanced button to get the screen you see in step 7 )

We'll do our best to help.

SIW2

--
SIW2
Ken Blake, MVP

Re: Drive D
On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 19:18:04 -0400, "Leita" <lal1932@verizon.net>
wrote:

> I know this has been asked before, but I can't remember what was
> recommended. What files can I delete to regain back some of the space on my
> D drive. My checker says that there is no more space left.

How drives are identified can vary substantially from one person's
computer to another's. What is D: on your computer is not necessarily
the same as what's D: on anyone else's.

So what is D: on yours? Is it a second hard drive? A partition on your
only physical hard drive? Exactly what files are on it?

If you get any specific answers to your question, treat them with
extreme care, and be very wary of following them literally, since
nobody knows what files are on your D: as opposed to theirs. What is
safe to delete on D: on your computer can be extremely different from
what it's safe to delete on some else's D:.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup