My Volume control gone from tray

anna

My Volume control gone from tray
After a series of automatic updates, Windows Vista Home Premium, my volume
control is missing from the tray. Where do I got to put it back? Anyone
else have that happen?

--
@nna

Galen

Re: My Volume control gone from tray
My reply is at the bottom of your sent message.

In news:81AA0EF8-AA95-433D-8993-E564A58CDD06@microsoft.com,
anna <anna@accblockspamcom> typed:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/1...a-system-tray/

--
Galen (Not Current MS-MVP)

My Geek Site: http://kgiii.info
Web Hosting: http://whathostingshould.be

"In solving a problem of this sort, the grand thing is to be able to reason
backwards. That is a very useful accomplishment, and a
very easy one, but people do not practise it much. In the every-day affairs
of life it is more useful to reason forwards, and so
the other comes to be neglected. There are fifty who can reason
synthetically for one who can reason analytically." - Sherlock
Holmes

DDW

"anna" <anna@accblockspamcom> wrote:

>After a series of automatic updates, Windows Vista Home Premium, my volume
>control is missing from the tray. Where do I got to put it back? Anyone
>else have that happen?

Right-click in the notification area, choose Properties.

Is the box for that checked?

DDW
No email please
Brink

Re: My Volume control gone from tray

Hello Anna,

This tutorial may be able to help you get it restored.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/10...tem-icons.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Anthony

Re: My Volume control gone from tray
I had a similar problem but when I tried to turn it on in the Start menu
properties the box was grayed out and I couldn't check it.
I updated my sound drivers from the one that installed with windows to the
one that I got from HP (my pc manufacture)
After rebooting I was able to check the box and get my volume control back.

"anna" <anna@accblockspamcom> wrote in message
> After a series of automatic updates, Windows Vista Home Premium, my
> volume control is missing from the tray. Where do I got to put it back?
> Anyone else have that happen?
>
> --
> @nna

SG

Re: My Volume control gone from tray
"anna" <anna@accblockspamcom> wrote in message
> After a series of automatic updates, Windows Vista Home Premium, my
> volume control is missing from the tray. Where do I got to put it back?
> Anyone else have that happen?
>
> --
> @nna

Hi,

I see you got several replies, but wanted to mention that most likely you
have Hardware updates set to download as well. Uncheck this and NEVER
download these updates from the MS site. If things aren't broken then don't
fix them. If you do need any hardware drivers then go to the manufactures
site and get the latest drivers.

--
All the best,
SG

Is your computer system ready for Vista?
https://winqual.microsoft.com/hcl/
Want to keep up with the latest news from MS?
http://news.google.com/nwshp?tab=wn&ned=us&topic=t
Just type in Microsoft