Screen saver does not work

Unhappy with Vista

Screen saver does not work
I have a brand new computer with Vista installed
I really enjoyed my screen saver on XP but even though the preview shows up
fine, the screen saver does not kick in on my notebook.
Does anyone have the same problem? Have you solved it?
--
Happy Cruiser
Mike Hall - MVP

Re: Screen saver does not work
"Unhappy with Vista" <UnhappywithVista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:A0BEEA2F-C117-4C47-AAFD-1BC527D305FF@microsoft.com...
>I have a brand new computer with Vista installed
> I really enjoyed my screen saver on XP but even though the preview shows
> up
> fine, the screen saver does not kick in on my notebook.
> Does anyone have the same problem? Have you solved it?
> --
> Happy Cruiser

If you have a brand new computer, and it doesn't work as you believe that it
should, complain to the computer manufacturer..

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

anna

Re: Screen saver does not work
"Unhappy with Vista" <UnhappywithVista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:A0BEEA2F-C117-4C47-AAFD-1BC527D305FF@microsoft.com...
>I have a brand new computer with Vista installed
> I really enjoyed my screen saver on XP but even though the preview shows
> up
> fine, the screen saver does not kick in on my notebook.
> Does anyone have the same problem? Have you solved it?
> --
> Happy Cruiser

I bought a Vista computer, laptop, and absolutely love it. I did not go
cheap, but bought as much power as I could afford. Got an HP dv6000. It is
over a year old now so not as fast and powerful as the newer ones. My old
computer is an XP machine updated from Windows 98 SE. I liked XP and didn't
want Vista but that is all I could get. I love it.

Vista needs a lot of space. Go back to the computer seller. If you bought
it from an independent seller, make sure it is not an updated Vista over top
of XP. Not a good thing to put Vista on old hardware. If a brand name,
make them fix it.

Make sure you get all your vista updates too.

@nna

Unhappy with Vista

"Mike Hall - MVP" wrote:

> "Unhappy with Vista" <UnhappywithVista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:A0BEEA2F-C117-4C47-AAFD-1BC527D305FF@microsoft.com...
> >I have a brand new computer with Vista installed
> > I really enjoyed my screen saver on XP but even though the preview shows
> > up
> > fine, the screen saver does not kick in on my notebook.
> > Does anyone have the same problem? Have you solved it?
> > --
> > Happy Cruiser

> If you have a brand new computer, and it doesn't work as you believe that it
> should, complain to the computer manufacturer..
>

> --
> Mike Hall - MVP
> How to construct a good post..
> http://dts-l.com/goodpost.htm
> How to use the Microsoft Product Support Newsgroups..
> http://support.microsoft.com/default...help&style=toc
> Mike's Window - My Blog..

Unhappy with Vista

Re: Screen saver does not work
The computer is fine -- it is Vista that is the proble m
Happy Cruiser

"Mike Hall - MVP" wrote:

> "Unhappy with Vista" <UnhappywithVista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:A0BEEA2F-C117-4C47-AAFD-1BC527D305FF@microsoft.com...
> >I have a brand new computer with Vista installed
> > I really enjoyed my screen saver on XP but even though the preview shows
> > up
> > fine, the screen saver does not kick in on my notebook.
> > Does anyone have the same problem? Have you solved it?
> > --
> > Happy Cruiser

> If you have a brand new computer, and it doesn't work as you believe that it
> should, complain to the computer manufacturer..
>

> --
> Mike Hall - MVP
> How to construct a good post..
> http://dts-l.com/goodpost.htm
> How to use the Microsoft Product Support Newsgroups..
> http://support.microsoft.com/default...help&style=toc
> Mike's Window - My Blog..

Unhappy with Vista

"anna" wrote:

> "Unhappy with Vista" <UnhappywithVista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:A0BEEA2F-C117-4C47-AAFD-1BC527D305FF@microsoft.com...
> >I have a brand new computer with Vista installed
> > I really enjoyed my screen saver on XP but even though the preview shows
> > up
> > fine, the screen saver does not kick in on my notebook.
> > Does anyone have the same problem? Have you solved it?
> > --
> > Happy Cruiser

> I bought a Vista computer, laptop, and absolutely love it. I did not go
> cheap, but bought as much power as I could afford. Got an HP dv6000. It is
> over a year old now so not as fast and powerful as the newer ones. My old
> computer is an XP machine updated from Windows 98 SE. I liked XP and didn't
> want Vista but that is all I could get. I love it.
>
> Vista needs a lot of space. Go back to the computer seller. If you bought
> it from an independent seller, make sure it is not an updated Vista over top
> of XP. Not a good thing to put Vista on old hardware. If a brand name,
> make them fix it.
>
> Make sure you get all your vista updates too.
>
> @nna

Unhappy with Vista

Re: Screen saver does not work
I love the computer - just liked xp a lot more
--
Happy Cruiser

"anna" wrote:

> "Unhappy with Vista" <UnhappywithVista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:A0BEEA2F-C117-4C47-AAFD-1BC527D305FF@microsoft.com...
> >I have a brand new computer with Vista installed
> > I really enjoyed my screen saver on XP but even though the preview shows
> > up
> > fine, the screen saver does not kick in on my notebook.
> > Does anyone have the same problem? Have you solved it?
> > --
> > Happy Cruiser

> I bought a Vista computer, laptop, and absolutely love it. I did not go
> cheap, but bought as much power as I could afford. Got an HP dv6000. It is
> over a year old now so not as fast and powerful as the newer ones. My old
> computer is an XP machine updated from Windows 98 SE. I liked XP and didn't
> want Vista but that is all I could get. I love it.
>
> Vista needs a lot of space. Go back to the computer seller. If you bought
> it from an independent seller, make sure it is not an updated Vista over top
> of XP. Not a good thing to put Vista on old hardware. If a brand name,
> make them fix it.
>
> Make sure you get all your vista updates too.
>
> @nna

Cuiz'

Re: Screen saver does not work
try using the Program Compatibility Wizard, go to the control
panel,programs, select "Use and older program ..." follow the series of
prompts ..

"Unhappy with Vista" <UnhappywithVista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:F4AEA61B-4DEC-4263-9401-06872C27C864@microsoft.com...
> The computer is fine -- it is Vista that is the proble m
> Happy Cruiser
>

> "Mike Hall - MVP" wrote:
>
>> "Unhappy with Vista" <UnhappywithVista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>> in
>> message news:A0BEEA2F-C117-4C47-AAFD-1BC527D305FF@microsoft.com...
>> >I have a brand new computer with Vista installed
>> > I really enjoyed my screen saver on XP but even though the preview
>> > shows
>> > up
>> > fine, the screen saver does not kick in on my notebook.
>> > Does anyone have the same problem? Have you solved it?
>> > --
>> > Happy Cruiser

>> If you have a brand new computer, and it doesn't work as you believe that
>> it
>> should, complain to the computer manufacturer..
>>

>> --
>> Mike Hall - MVP
>> How to construct a good post..
>> http://dts-l.com/goodpost.htm
>> How to use the Microsoft Product Support Newsgroups..
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default...help&style=toc
>> Mike's Window - My Blog..
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/default.aspx

Mike Hall - MVP

Re: Screen saver does not work
"Unhappy with Vista" <UnhappywithVista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:F4AEA61B-4DEC-4263-9401-06872C27C864@microsoft.com...
> The computer is fine -- it is Vista that is the proble m
> Happy Cruiser
>

> "Mike Hall - MVP" wrote:
>
>> "Unhappy with Vista" <UnhappywithVista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>> in
>> message news:A0BEEA2F-C117-4C47-AAFD-1BC527D305FF@microsoft.com...
>> >I have a brand new computer with Vista installed
>> > I really enjoyed my screen saver on XP but even though the preview
>> > shows
>> > up
>> > fine, the screen saver does not kick in on my notebook.
>> > Does anyone have the same problem? Have you solved it?
>> > --
>> > Happy Cruiser

>> If you have a brand new computer, and it doesn't work as you believe that
>> it
>> should, complain to the computer manufacturer..
>>

>> --
>> Mike Hall - MVP
>> How to construct a good post..
>> http://dts-l.com/goodpost.htm
>> How to use the Microsoft Product Support Newsgroups..
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default...help&style=toc
>> Mike's Window - My Blog..
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/default.aspx

It is the computer PLUS pre-installed operating system that you bought, and
it is not working as it should. Complain to the vendor/manufacturer..

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

anna

Re: Screen saver does not work
"Unhappy with Vista" <UnhappywithVista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:F4AEA61B-4DEC-4263-9401-06872C27C864@microsoft.com...
> The computer is fine -- it is Vista that is the proble m
> Happy Cruiser

No you are not understanding the problem here. You need to realize that
some computer sellers put a new OS [operating system] on old hardware they
call "new" because the computer hardware was never owned by anyone. Old
hardware, computer parts and pieces, can be New and legally new but still be
old by a new operating system standard. Vista has problems with hardware
that was manufactured before Vista was released or realized. I have first
hand experince buying a "new" windows machine with old hardware. My first
Windows machine was a brand name. They put 32 bit software on 16 bit
hardware and called it a new machine. Listen to the MPV here, and go to the
person who sold you the computer. It isn't Vista, it is that Vista doesn't
work with everything that was manufactured in the past.

--
@nna