Windows Unexpected Shut Down

Mark

Windows Unexpected Shut Down
I experienced an unexpected Windows Vista (32 bit System) shut down. A
solution was found in the problems report to install Windows Vista Service
Pack 1 (SP1). Is this considered a reinstallation of the operation system?
Also, how do I know if I have SP1?

Thank you, Mark
Malke

Re: Windows Unexpected Shut Down
Mark wrote:

> I experienced an unexpected Windows Vista (32 bit System) shut down. A
> solution was found in the problems report to install Windows Vista Service
> Pack 1 (SP1). Is this considered a reinstallation of the operation
> system? Also, how do I know if I have SP1?

Installing Service Pack 1 is not a reinstallation of the operating system.
It is an installation of a service pack. All normal precautions such as
backing up one's data first should be taken, of course.

To find out what version of Vista you have, Start Orb>Search box>type:
winver [enter]

If you have Service Pack 1 the results will show it.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

barman58

Re: Windows Unexpected Shut Down

Hi mark,

Right click on your computer icon or computer in start menu and select
properties or press Windows Key+Break the first section of the system
properties will show Service Pack 1 if it's installed.

Service pack 1 is a roll up of all the bug fixes and such released for
vista since it was released plus a few extra items under the hood. It is
a recommended upgrade for anybody running vista even if they are not
experiencing problems.

There were a few minor compatibility issues when it was first released
but i believe that these are all now sorted.

All feedback that I have seen is favourable with improved systems after
install.

Would suggest you download the standalone package available 'Here'
(http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/d...displaylang=en)

--
barman58

Regards,
*Nigel*
the beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not
understand.,- frank herbert
Mark

"Malke" wrote:

> Mark wrote:
>
> > I experienced an unexpected Windows Vista (32 bit System) shut down. A
> > solution was found in the problems report to install Windows Vista Service
> > Pack 1 (SP1). Is this considered a reinstallation of the operation
> > system? Also, how do I know if I have SP1?

> Installing Service Pack 1 is not a reinstallation of the operating system.
> It is an installation of a service pack. All normal precautions such as
> backing up one's data first should be taken, of course.
>
> To find out what version of Vista you have, Start Orb>Search box>type:
> winver [enter]
>
> If you have Service Pack 1 the results will show it.
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP
> Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
> FAQ - http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/#FAQ

Mark

Re: Windows Unexpected Shut Down
Thank you Malke.

Regards, Mark

"Malke" wrote:

> Mark wrote:
>
> > I experienced an unexpected Windows Vista (32 bit System) shut down. A
> > solution was found in the problems report to install Windows Vista Service
> > Pack 1 (SP1). Is this considered a reinstallation of the operation
> > system? Also, how do I know if I have SP1?

> Installing Service Pack 1 is not a reinstallation of the operating system.
> It is an installation of a service pack. All normal precautions such as
> backing up one's data first should be taken, of course.
>
> To find out what version of Vista you have, Start Orb>Search box>type:
> winver [enter]
>
> If you have Service Pack 1 the results will show it.
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP
> Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!