Problem with windows minimising when i click on the page...

=?Utf-8?B?dGFtcG9u?=

Problem with windows minimising when i click on the page...
I have just bought a toshiba L30 laptop which runs Windows Vista Home Basic,
for some reason any windows i have open will minimise without me even
clicking the minimise button, it usually happens when im clicking on the
scroll bar and whenever i click on the page, sometimes it happens when im
typing, its getting rather anoying. Does anyone else have this problem, and
does anyone know whats causing it?
--
thanx
Rock

Re: Problem with windows minimising when i click on the page...
"tampon" <tampon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>I have just bought a toshiba L30 laptop which runs Windows Vista Home
>Basic,
> for some reason any windows i have open will minimise without me even
> clicking the minimise button, it usually happens when im clicking on the
> scroll bar and whenever i click on the page, sometimes it happens when im
> typing, its getting rather anoying. Does anyone else have this problem,
> and
> does anyone know whats causing it?

Have you talked with Toshiba tech support about this since it's a new
computer?

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

=?Utf-8?B?dGFtcG9u?=

Re: Problem with windows minimising when i click on the page...
I have tried finding support in the UK but for some reason i just cannot find
the website, most if not all are in the US. Any that i do find are always
unavailable.
--
thanx

mikeyhsd

Re: Problem with windows minimising when i click on the page...
clicking on the BORDER will sometimes cause the program to minimize or change size.

might try adjusting the mouse sensitivity.

mikeyhsd@comcast.net

"tampon" <tampon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A967B76-7017-4545-BA09-6AD74CD581E4@microsoft.com...
I have tried finding support in the UK but for some reason i just cannot find
the website, most if not all are in the US. Any that i do find are always
unavailable.
--
thanx

clark-64

"tampon" wrote:

> I have just bought a toshiba L30 laptop which runs Windows Vista Home Basic,
> for some reason any windows i have open will minimise without me even
> clicking the minimise button, it usually happens when im clicking on the
> scroll bar and whenever i click on the page, sometimes it happens when im
> typing, its getting rather anoying. Does anyone else have this problem, and
> does anyone know whats causing it?
> --
> thanx

clark-64

"tampon" wrote:

> I have just bought a toshiba L30 laptop which runs Windows Vista Home Basic,
> for some reason any windows i have open will minimise without me even
> clicking the minimise button, it usually happens when im clicking on the
> scroll bar and whenever i click on the page, sometimes it happens when im
> typing, its getting rather anoying. Does anyone else have this problem, and
> does anyone know whats causing it?
> --
> thanx

I have this same problem too and its very annoying. Its always clicking on
the scrollbar though, which is my habit to page down.
There are no replies that are helpful here so can you tell me if you've
found a remedy since you wrote this in march? Thanks.

ps i bought this tosh sat p205 series laptop this week and the keys have to
be pressed down much harder to get a character to appear - you have that
problem too? My last toshiba didn't have that and was excellent, but
mainly because it wasn't vista.
clark-64

"tampon" wrote:

> I have tried finding support in the UK but for some reason i just cannot find
> the website, most if not all are in the US. Any that i do find are always
> unavailable.
> --
> thanx

This was a Toshiba touchpad control issue with mine. Go to the touchpad
settings and set the function for tapping the corners to do something else or
nothing special. They had the upper and lower corners to min and max the
screens for some reason. Also, designate the corners to be a smaller size.