ERROR - A necessary component of Windows Media Center is missing

=?Utf-8?B?TUxfUw==?=

ERROR - A necessary component of Windows Media Center is missing
OK. I've tried for weks to sort this.

MCE (I'm running ultimate) was fine until this started appearing whenever i
tried to access my music via MCE.

Still no joy. HOW how how do I fix this.

P.S I'm not sure but I think it may have started when I downloaded an update
to wmp11??? but i could be wrong.

I've also heard iTunes may have caused it?

PLEASE HELP!!!!!
=?Utf-8?B?ZmFpbHVyZXRvdGhyaXZl?=

RE: ERROR - A necessary component of Windows Media Center is missing
I've had the same problem with Media Center on my computer. After
uninstalling iTunes (I don't know if it's possible to keep iTunes or
not) I contacted microsoft and they gave me these
2 suggestions. They worked for me, hopefully they will for you too.

This issue can usually happen if there is any corrupted components of
Windows Media Center (MCE) or there is any third party software which is not
compatible with MCE. I suggest we use the following steps to check the
following related components.

Suggestion 1: Check the dependency services

======================
1. Click Start Pearl, type "services" (without quotation marks) in the
Search Bar and press Enter to start Services.
2. In the right pane, please check whether the following five services have
been started and the startup type is Automatic:

Cryptographic Services
Portable Device Enumerator Service
Windows Audio
Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework
Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service
Windows Media Center Service Launcher

If not, please double click the service. In the tab "General ", make sure
the "Startup Type" is "Automatic". Then please click the button "Start" under
"Service Status" to start this service.

Please have a check if the issue persists. If still the same error, let’s
try register the related dll files.

Suggestion 2: Register DLL files
==================
To resolve this issue, re-register jscript.dll, vbscript.dll and wmp.dll
using the following steps.

1. Close Windows Media Center and any other windows.
2. Click Start, All Programs, Accessories
3. Right click "Command Prompt" and choose "Run as administrator", accept
the UAC prompt.
4. Type the following commands and press Enter after each line.

regsvr32 jscript.dll
regsvr32 vbscript.dll
regsvr32 wmp.dll
exit

However, if the issue persists after we try the steps above, it can be a
complicated issue, the troubleshooting may be time-consuming.

(Thanks to Stiven at Microsoft Online Support Services)

"ML_S" wrote:

> OK. I've tried for weks to sort this.
>

> MCE (I'm running ultimate) was fine until this started appearing whenever i
> tried to access my music via MCE.
>

> Still no joy. HOW how how do I fix this.
>
> P.S I'm not sure but I think it may have started when I downloaded an update
> to wmp11??? but i could be wrong.
>
> I've also heard iTunes may have caused it?
>
> PLEASE HELP!!!!!

jahallah

Re: ERROR - A necessary component of Windows Media Center is missing

Have the same issue as original poster... tried following the above
'checklist' with no success.

I am able to play mp3's, and videos it recognized. As long as I stick
them in folders it recognizes.

Separate issue: I can't see video files until i stick them in the
sample video's folder.

But again, it plays everything fine.

Very frustrated >

tIA

--
jahallah

fonzy44 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: ERROR - A necessary component of Windows Media Center is missing
Quote:
Originally Posted by jahallah View Post
Have the same issue as original poster... tried following the above
'checklist' with no success.

I am able to play mp3's, and videos it recognized. As long as I stick
them in folders it recognizes.

Separate issue: I can't see video files until i stick them in the
sample video's folder.

But again, it plays everything fine.

Very frustrated >

tIA

--
jahallah
Hi, I've the same problem, and also without success with procedure to follow !
Anybody has solved it or any idea ?
Please help, I don't want to re-install all my computer !
All the others applications are working fine !

PS: I think the problem occured after I install 3 different video editing softwares:
- Pinnacle videospin 2
- Sony Cinescore 1.0
- AVS Video Editor 4
Any side effect here ?