Blue Screen on startup

leroy.superstar

Blue Screen on startup

I have had my vista laptop for around a year now, and the other day
while a windows install was installing my battery ran out and the laptop
shut its self down, evey since then everyime i turn it on, a blue
screen appears saying a problem has been detected and windows has been
shut down to prevent further damage to your computer, with other
indormation below,

i have tried using the recovery cd but still not working

anyone help?

--
leroy.superstar
Mick Murphy

RE: Blue Screen on startup
You don't say how you have tried to use the Recovery DVD.
Have you set the DVD drive to be 1st in the Boot Order, and boot from the
Vista DVD?
Or, do you have factory recovery Disk?
Have you tried to go in Safe mode; tapping F8 at startup?

--
Mick Murphy - Qld (Sunshine State) - Australia

"leroy.superstar" wrote:

> I have had my vista laptop for around a year now, and the other day
> while a windows install was installing my battery ran out and the laptop
> shut its self down, evey since then everyime i turn it on, a blue
> screen appears saying a problem has been detected and windows has been
> shut down to prevent further damage to your computer, with other
> indormation below,
>
> i have tried using the recovery cd but still not working
>
> anyone help?
>

> --
> leroy.superstar

Rick Rogers

Re: Blue Screen on startup
Hi,

Try the last known good configuration. Hit F8 as boot immediately after the
initial POST (splash screen) and before Vista begins to load. Choose this
from the resulting boot menu.

You should never, ever install or update anything without having the system
on wall power.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/