computer BSOD's on me CONSTANTLY

tednelson83

computer BSOD's on me CONSTANTLY

i am so sick of this thing. i cant figure out what is wrong with it
either. my computer dies on me constantly, it has done it to me 3 times
just in the last 24 hours. my reliability index id down to a 2.60, and
shows a windows failure almost every day since 6/25/08 when i last wiped
it. i have tried every thing i can think of to solve this problem and i
am getting really tempted to throw the damn thing out the window! it is
set up as my media center/dvr and so it runs 24/7 save for the constant
reboot times. the last time it died(about 5 minutes ago) i was just
reading a webpage. it doesn't matter what I'm doing with it, it will
just randomly and with out warning throw a blue screen at me. anyone
seen this? any suggestions? this thing is REALLY pissing me off!

--
tednelson83
Mike Hall - MVP

Re: computer BSOD's on me CONSTANTLY
"tednelson83" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> i am so sick of this thing. i cant figure out what is wrong with it
> either. my computer dies on me constantly, it has done it to me 3 times
> just in the last 24 hours. my reliability index id down to a 2.60, and
> shows a windows failure almost every day since 6/25/08 when i last wiped
> it. i have tried every thing i can think of to solve this problem and i
> am getting really tempted to throw the damn thing out the window! it is
> set up as my media center/dvr and so it runs 24/7 save for the constant
> reboot times. the last time it died(about 5 minutes ago) i was just
> reading a webpage. it doesn't matter what I'm doing with it, it will
> just randomly and with out warning throw a blue screen at me. anyone
> seen this? any suggestions? this thing is REALLY pissing me off!
>

> --
> tednelson83

You have a driver or hardware fault..

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

tednelson83

Re: computer BSOD's on me CONSTANTLY

ok... so how do i find out witch one? all drivers were the latest pulled
off the internet at the time of the install, and have all been checked
for newer updates. all are up to date. hardware, i haven't had these
problems in the past, ant there are no indications that any thing is
failing,so how do you narrow it down. that was a awfully vague reply.

--
tednelson83
Paul Montgomery

Re: computer BSOD's on me CONSTANTLY
On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 07:52:41 -0500, tednelson83
<guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

>that was a awfully vague reply.

I think Mike's crystal ball is at the cleaners.
Richard Urban

Re: computer BSOD's on me CONSTANTLY
Maybe if you posted the complete and accurate text in the blue screen???

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP

> ok... so how do i find out witch one? all drivers were the latest pulled
> off the internet at the time of the install, and have all been checked
> for newer updates. all are up to date. hardware, i haven't had these
> problems in the past, ant there are no indications that any thing is
> failing,so how do you narrow it down. that was a awfully vague reply.
>

> --
> tednelson83

Mark H

Re: computer BSOD's on me CONSTANTLY
http://www.aumha.org/a/stop.php

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...STOPErrors.ppt

"tednelson83" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> ok... so how do i find out witch one? all drivers were the latest pulled
> off the internet at the time of the install, and have all been checked
> for newer updates. all are up to date. hardware, i haven't had these
> problems in the past, ant there are no indications that any thing is
> failing,so how do you narrow it down. that was a awfully vague reply.
>

> --
> tednelson83

tanuj_chadha

Re: computer BSOD's on me CONSTANTLY

Go into system properties, then go into settings (the 3rd one) under the
advanced tab & uncheck the option which would state as automatically
restart. & then note down the blue screen error message. And post it
over here. And in the meanwhile you can also try to run some diags on
the memory & the hard drive of the system.

--
tanuj_chadha

Tanuj

History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce. - Karl
Marx :geek:
tednelson83

Re: computer BSOD's on me CONSTANTLY

ok, very informative articles, i will have to read them over when i get
home! question, is there any record of these stop error codes that is
kept on the computer, or do i need to wait untill the next one?

--
tednelson83
Megabyte

Re: computer BSOD's on me CONSTANTLY
Usually there's an event logged in Event Viewer. Look under "System" at or
around the time of the last known crash.

-ET

--

> ok, very informative articles, i will have to read them over when i get
> home! question, is there any record of these stop error codes that is
> kept on the computer, or do i need to wait untill the next one?
>

> --
> tednelson83

Rick Rogers

Re: computer BSOD's on me CONSTANTLY
Hi tednelson83,

A driver fault or hardware component failing is the most likely cause, but
details are needed to diagnose the problem. Go to the Control Panel/System
and open the advanced system properties from the left column. On the
advanced tab, click the startup and recovery settings. Set the failure to
create a minidump file (small memory dump), and uncheck the line to restart
automatically on system failure. Apply/ok your way out.

Next time it happens, jot down the text of the error screen before
restarting it. Mainly the error codes and types. Once restarted, open
Windows Explorer to C:\Windows\Minidump (this is a hidden system folder, so
set folder options accordingly) and send the most recently created file to
me via email. Use a subject line of 'per req' to get past filters (or I
won't see it at all) and send to rick_at_mvps_dot_org. I'll see if there's
anything in there to identify the culprit.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org