Icons

Ryka

Icons
The icons on my Favorites List are scrambled - some are correct but many
have been switched. Is there a way to correct them? FavOrg used to do it
with XP but I can't find something like this for Vista. Thanks.

Paul Montgomery

Re: Icons
On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 19:55:20 -0400, "Ryka" <Ryka@live.com> wrote:

>The icons on my Favorites List are scrambled - some are correct but many
>have been switched. Is there a way to correct them? FavOrg used to do it
>with XP but I can't find something like this for Vista. Thanks.

That gets a LOT better with IE8 - which is currently in BETA release.

In IE7, I had to save the icons I wanted to use in their own folder,
and when I set an icon for a Favorite item, I would make that item
READ ONLY so it wouldn't change.
Ryka

Re: Icons
Thank you - guess I'll have to wait for IE8 to get more stability and just
ignore the scrambled icons until then. Any idea when IE8 will be released?

On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 20:13:00 -0400, "Ryka" <Ryka@live.com> wrote:

>Thank you - guess I'll have to wait for IE8 to get more stability and just
>ignore the scrambled icons until then. Any idea when IE8 will be released?

It's pretty darned good in the BETA version!! There is an IE7
Compatibility mode for those web pages that don't comply to its
standards - and its standards are not proprietary, they are
industry-wide standards and the browser is very picky.

There has been NO official statement about release date.

I would guess it will be after the end of the year.

>"Paul Montgomery" <i.m.nonnymous@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
>news:bn66c4dlq3phk8vni308jo1flnn1escae0@4ax.com.. .
>> On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 19:55:20 -0400, "Ryka" <Ryka@live.com> wrote:
>>
>>>The icons on my Favorites List are scrambled - some are correct but many
>>>have been switched. Is there a way to correct them? FavOrg used to do it
>>>with XP but I can't find something like this for Vista. Thanks.

>> That gets a LOT better with IE8 - which is currently in BETA release.
>>
>> In IE7, I had to save the icons I wanted to use in their own folder,
>> and when I set an icon for a Favorite item, I would make that item
>> READ ONLY so it wouldn't change.

Ryka

Re: Icons
I think I'll give it a try - it is Beta 2. I can always return to IE&,
right?! Thanks.

> On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 20:13:00 -0400, "Ryka" <Ryka@live.com> wrote:
>
>>Thank you - guess I'll have to wait for IE8 to get more stability and just
>>ignore the scrambled icons until then. Any idea when IE8 will be released?

> It's pretty darned good in the BETA version!! There is an IE7
> Compatibility mode for those web pages that don't comply to its
> standards - and its standards are not proprietary, they are
> industry-wide standards and the browser is very picky.
>
> There has been NO official statement about release date.
>
> I would guess it will be after the end of the year.
>
>>"Paul Montgomery" <i.m.nonnymous@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
>>news:bn66c4dlq3phk8vni308jo1flnn1escae0@4ax.com. ..

>>> That gets a LOT better with IE8 - which is currently in BETA release.
>>>
>>> In IE7, I had to save the icons I wanted to use in their own folder,
>>> and when I set an icon for a Favorite item, I would make that item
>>> READ ONLY so it wouldn't change.

Brink

Re: Icons

Hello Ryka,

Deleting the IE Browsing History should clear the favicons for the IE
Favorites icons, and allow them to reload as you go back to the sites.
This tutorial will help show you how to if needed.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/94...g-history.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Paul Montgomery

Re: Icons
On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 20:37:39 -0400, "Ryka" <Ryka@live.com> wrote:

>I think I'll give it a try - it is Beta 2. I can always return to IE&,
>right?! Thanks.

It will install as a Windows Update... you won't find it in Programs
and Features. Like any other update, it can be uninstalled.

>"Paul Montgomery" <i.m.nonnymous@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
>news:ig76c4lfgnrp0psua27ai6830npk4rfgav@4ax.com.. .
>> On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 20:13:00 -0400, "Ryka" <Ryka@live.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Thank you - guess I'll have to wait for IE8 to get more stability and just
>>>ignore the scrambled icons until then. Any idea when IE8 will be released?

>> It's pretty darned good in the BETA version!! There is an IE7
>> Compatibility mode for those web pages that don't comply to its
>> standards - and its standards are not proprietary, they are
>> industry-wide standards and the browser is very picky.
>>
>> There has been NO official statement about release date.
>>
>> I would guess it will be after the end of the year.
>>
>>>"Paul Montgomery" <i.m.nonnymous@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
>>>news:bn66c4dlq3phk8vni308jo1flnn1escae0@4ax.com ...

Ryka

Re: Icons
I installed it successfully and like it! No need to return to IE7 I hope.
And the icons corrected themselves for all but one.

> On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 20:37:39 -0400, "Ryka" <Ryka@live.com> wrote:
>
>>I think I'll give it a try - it is Beta 2. I can always return to IE&,
>>right?! Thanks.

> It will install as a Windows Update... you won't find it in Programs
> and Features. Like any other update, it can be uninstalled.
>

>>"Paul Montgomery" <i.m.nonnymous@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
>>news:ig76c4lfgnrp0psua27ai6830npk4rfgav@4ax.com. ..

>>> It's pretty darned good in the BETA version!! There is an IE7
>>> Compatibility mode for those web pages that don't comply to its
>>> standards - and its standards are not proprietary, they are
>>> industry-wide standards and the browser is very picky.
>>>
>>> There has been NO official statement about release date.
>>>
>>> I would guess it will be after the end of the year.

Ryka

Re: Icons
That worker perfectly and now they are where they belong again. Thank you.

"Brink" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hello Ryka,
>
> Deleting the IE Browsing History should clear the favicons for the IE
> Favorites icons, and allow them to reload as you go back to the sites.
> This tutorial will help show you how to if needed.
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/94...g-history.html
>
> Hope this helps,
> Shawn
>
> Ryka;830050 Wrote:
>> The icons on my Favorites List are scrambled - some are correct but many
>> have been switched. Is there a way to correct them? FavOrg used to do
>> it
>> with XP but I can't find something like this for Vista. Thanks.

> --
> Brink
>
> *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask
> them.*
> '*VISTA FORUMS*' (http://www.vistax64.com)

Paul Montgomery

Re: Icons
On Sun, 7 Sep 2008 12:42:04 -0400, "Ryka" <Ryka@live.com> wrote:

>I installed it successfully and like it! No need to return to IE7 I hope.
>And the icons corrected themselves for all but one.

The only site I have problems with is Google Groups. When I first
loaded one of the Vista groups, it automatically set itself (with a
balloon message also) to Compatibility mode.

However, when I select a thread in tree view, some of the functions on
the page won't work at all. I've already submitted a bug report (I'm
a registered beta tester).

Otherwise, I'm quite happy with it.