Can't wake computer from sleep! among other things

cbreinertsen

Can't wake computer from sleep! among other things

When my computer goes to sleep and I am supposed to be able to push the
power button to wake it up, it does nothing. I have tried everything I
can think of to wake my computer, but I have NO success. The only way
to get it to wake up is to hold the power button down till it turns
itself off and then reboot.

I also cannot install Windows updates When I click the update
button it trys to download but instead basically just sits there and
tells me it is trying to download, without ever actually doing anything.
I end up just having to stop it. I had not installed downloads for
quite awhile because when I first got my computer the updates kept
ruining my system and I'd have to do a restore, but I've been having so
many other problems with the computer I decided to try doing it again.
I hate Vista and am starting to hate PCs and swear on my life my next
computer will be an Apple

--
cbreinertsen
Gwilym Colenso

Re: Can't wake computer from sleep! among other things

I have Vista basic. It also went into a "coma" mode. I turned my
computer off and then rebooted it.

Did you find a solution to it not waking from sleep mode?

Gwil

--
Gwilym Colenso
Paul Smith

Re: Can't wake computer from sleep! among other things
And has this ever worked with your computer, or is this something recent?
If something recent, what's changed?

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

*Remove nospam. to reply by e-mail*

"cbreinertsen" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> When my computer goes to sleep and I am supposed to be able to push the
> power button to wake it up, it does nothing. I have tried everything I
> can think of to wake my computer, but I have NO success. The only way
> to get it to wake up is to hold the power button down till it turns
> itself off and then reboot.
>
> I also cannot install Windows updates When I click the update
> button it trys to download but instead basically just sits there and
> tells me it is trying to download, without ever actually doing anything.
> I end up just having to stop it. I had not installed downloads for
> quite awhile because when I first got my computer the updates kept
> ruining my system and I'd have to do a restore, but I've been having so
> many other problems with the computer I decided to try doing it again.
> I hate Vista and am starting to hate PCs and swear on my life my next
> computer will be an Apple

cbreinertsen

Re: Can't wake computer from sleep! among other things

No solution yet. Its been doing this for awhile! I found a link on
Window's website that noted this problem as a hot topic and supposedly
provided the answer, but I had to run out the door and forgot to look
for it again till yesterday but now I can't find it anywhere!

--
cbreinertsen
Hong

Re: Can't wake computer from sleep! among other things
I also experience the same problem with my laptop running Vista Home
Premium SP1. The second best thing is just to do a hibernate, if that
works for you.

cbreinertsen wrote:
> No solution yet. Its been doing this for awhile! I found a link on
> Window's website that noted this problem as a hot topic and supposedly
> provided the answer, but I had to run out the door and forgot to look
> for it again till yesterday but now I can't find it anywhere!

Vampz

Re: Can't wake computer from sleep! among other things

I'v have same problem that prevent me from wake up my computer when
sleep.Then i found the reason that happened to me was DreamScenes. Any1
have the same issue?

--
Vampz
HappyAndyK

cbreinertsen;95601 Wrote:
> When my computer goes to sleep and I am supposed to be able to push the
> power button to wake it up, it does nothing. I have tried everything
> can think of to wake my computer, but I have NO success. The only way
> to get it to wake up is to hold the power button down till it turns
> itself off and then reboot.
>
> I also cannot install Windows updates When I click the update
> button it trys to download but instead basically just sits there and
> tells me it is trying to download, without ever actually doing
> anything.
> I end up just having to stop it. I had not installed downloads for
> quite awhile because when I first got my computer the updates kept
> ruining my system and I'd have to do a restore, but I've been having
> so
> many other problems with the computer I decided to try doing it again.
> I hate Vista and am starting to hate PCs and swear on my life my next
> computer will be an Apple
>
> --
> cbreinertsen

If your Windows Vista stops responding when you resume the computer
from hibernation try the Hotfix from 'KB928135'
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928135).

Regarding your WU issue, visit 'Cannot Update Windows Vista '
(http://www.winvistaclub.com/t4.html)and also see if any of the links at
the bottom of the page help you.

--
HappyAndyK

www.WinVistaClub.com
HappyAndyK's Profile: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/member.php?userid=4
View this thread: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21410

ToniDaTyga

Re: Can't wake computer from sleep! among other things

I just tried that hotfix and it didn't work. Actually it made things
worse because now after rebooting, the start up is glitchy so I will be
restoring it back to before the install.
Vista is garbage! I just bought a new gaming computer to replace gaming
and other tasks on my older desktop. But guess what, it's my older
desktop with XP that I'm currently writing on because I can't even get
it to keep a decent internet connection.

--
ToniDaTyga
ToniDaTyga's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/tonidatyga.htm

http://forums.techarena.in