Help!!! Unable to download service pack

thomasgail

Help!!! Unable to download service pack

Hi, I am new here, I have a Dell Inspiron 1520 32bit laptop, I use for
college, lately my family has been using it because our home computer is
broke. I was trying to download software for a web class of mine and
error messages kept coming up, then I received a message from my One
Care stating I needed to download Vista Service Pack, I did and when
done it said "Unable to download service pack, reverting back" Why did
this happen? This computer is only six months old. Can anyone help.?
Thanks,Gail.

--
thomasgail
SIW2

Re: Help!!! Unable to download service pack

Hi Gail,

Did it say Vista Service Pack 1 or SP1 ?

Did it try to download through Windows Update, or directly from the
microsoft website?

Did it actually download, and then say it was reverting while trying to
install ?

Have you been receiving regular updates automatically through Windows
Update?

SIW2

--
SIW2
thomasgail

Re: Help!!! Unable to download service pack

Yes, I was done I thought, with the download when the message came up.
My OneCare antivirus came up and gave message that I needed to go to
link and down load the service pack. Not sure if it said service pack or
Sp1. Thanks,Gail.

--
thomasgail
SIW2

Re: Help!!! Unable to download service pack

Hi,

Check that automatic updating is enabled.

Click the start orb,click Control panel,click Check for Updates.

On the left, click Change Settings.

Dot where it says Install updates Automatically and tick the two boxes
bottom left, then click OK.

Then at the top left, click Check for Updates - it could take a little
while to complete.

Let me know how you get on

SIW2

--
SIW2
HappyAndyK

thomasgail;95438 Wrote:
> Hi, I am new here, I have a Dell Inspiron 1520 32bit laptop, I use for
> college, lately my family has been using it because our home computer is
> broke. I was trying to download software for a web class of mine and
> error messages kept coming up, then I received a message from my One
> Care stating I needed to download Vista Service Pack, I did and when
> done it said "Unable to download service pack, reverting back" Why did
> this happen? This computer is only six months old. Can anyone help.?
> Thanks,Gail.
> --
> thomasgail

Pls see 'Troubleshooting Vista SP1 Install Error Messages'
(http://www.winvistaclub.com/t67.html)

--
HappyAndyK

www.WinVistaClub.com
HappyAndyK's Profile: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/member.php?userid=4
View this thread: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21373

Paul Montgomery

Re: Help!!! Unable to download service pack
On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 08:47:07 -0500, SIW2 <guest@unknown-email.com>
wrote:

>Let me know how you get on

While you are waiting... see if you can figure out how to quote what
you are replying to.
Sterling_Six

HappyAndyK;95586 Wrote:
> Pls see 'Troubleshooting Vista SP1 Install Error Messages'
> (http://www.winvistaclub.com/t67.html)

I found this to be as useless as it gets...how much money do you
get for deferring to this link.

I am having the same problem with my Windows Vista Home Prem on my
laptop. And from an expert refuses to help...by deferring us to a
commercial???

What a Frickin Joke...And now you know why people hate Windows Vista.
It ****s and no-one know how to help others.

--
Sterling_Six
Sterling_Six's Profile: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/member.php?userid=438