Chkdsk runs EVERYtime on startup - how do I make it STOP???

Coloradolime

Chkdsk runs EVERYtime on startup - how do I make it STOP???

It says it can't repair the errors - no biggie. But now the utility
won't stop running. Whether I restart within the utility or do a system
restore to an earlier point in time, it just won't stop!!! GRRRRRRRRR

Any suggestions?

--
Coloradolime
md

Re: Chkdsk runs EVERYtime on startup - how do I make it STOP???
Check out this tutorial: http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/13...tup-vista.html

It's the opposite problem as yours, but "STEP TWO: Reset chkdsk
BootExecute," gives instructions on how to change a registry key to
stop it from happening each time ("This step will also fix the problem
of chkdsk always running at startup.")

DDW

Coloradolime <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

>It says it can't repair the errors - no biggie.

Yeah, right. Just overlook that. Right.

DDW
No email please
Victek

Re: Chkdsk runs EVERYtime on startup - how do I make it STOP???
> It says it can't repair the errors - no biggie. But now the utility
> won't stop running. Whether I restart within the utility or do a system
> restore to an earlier point in time, it just won't stop!!! GRRRRRRRRR
>
> Any suggestions?

You may be able to prevent check disk from running, but I suggest you take
seriously the fact that it finds errors that cannot be repaired. In my
experience that starts happening when the hard drive is beginning to fail.

JerryM

Re: Chkdsk runs EVERYtime on startup - how do I make it STOP???
On the Start-Run line,
Type SFC /SCANNOW
This will replace any missing or corrupt files.

"Victek" <Victek@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>> It says it can't repair the errors - no biggie. But now the utility
>> won't stop running. Whether I restart within the utility or do a system
>> restore to an earlier point in time, it just won't stop!!! GRRRRRRRRR
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>>

> You may be able to prevent check disk from running, but I suggest you take
> seriously the fact that it finds errors that cannot be repaired. In my
> experience that starts happening when the hard drive is beginning to fail.

JerryM

Re: Chkdsk runs EVERYtime on startup - how do I make it STOP???
Getting ahead of myself,

Right click CMD.EXE and select run as administrator,
then type SFC /SCANNOW