Home Premium: disabling fancy graphics

Pekka Numminen

Home Premium: disabling fancy graphics
Is it possible, under Microsoft Vista Home Premium, to disable all the
unnecessary animations, colour schemes and other things that slow down
the system? If so, how?
Brian the King

Re: Home Premium: disabling fancy graphics

Right click on the desktop and select Personalization, then Window Color
and Appearance. Click at the bottom "Open classic appearance properties
for more color options", then select Windows Vista Basic

--
Brian the King
Pekka Numminen

Re: Home Premium: disabling fancy graphics

> Right click on the desktop and select Personalization, then Window Color
> and Appearance. Click at the bottom "Open classic appearance properties
> for more color options", then select Windows Vista Basic

What if I want to simplify the graphics even more?
Gordon

"Pekka Numminen" <p.numminen@suomi24.fi> wrote in message

>> Right click on the desktop and select Personalization, then Window Color
>> and Appearance. Click at the bottom "Open classic appearance properties
>> for more color options", then select Windows Vista Basic

> What if I want to simplify the graphics even more?

Right-click on Computer, select properties. Click on Advanced System
settings in the L/H pane. Click on Settings under "performance". There you
can turn off ALL graphic functions...

HTH

Ryan P

Pekka Numminen wrote:
>> Right click on the desktop and select Personalization, then Window Color
>> and Appearance. Click at the bottom "Open classic appearance properties
>> for more color options", then select Windows Vista Basic

> What if I want to simplify the graphics even more?

..
..
Gordon's solution (RC My Computer, Properties, Advanced System
Settings, Performance) is the best solution for getting rid of the Vista
eye candy.

If you set for "adjust for best performance" you will have the visual
experience of Windows 2000.

I had to do this in order to view DIVX files and DVD's smoothly on my
brand new HP DV6000 with a 2GHz AMD Turion.
Ralph

Re: Home Premium: disabling fancy graphics
Yup- Performance Options -> select Adjust for best performance.
It turns off all the eye candy.

Control Panel -> Performance Information and Tools -> Adjust visual effects