Screen Keeps Flickering/Blacking Out

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hpcA==?=

Screen Keeps Flickering/Blacking Out
I recently upgraded to Vista from XP. I have set my screen resolution to the
highest setting, but the screen keeps blacking out for a second, then setting
the resolution to the lowest setting.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.
Rick Rogers

Re: Screen Keeps Flickering/Blacking Out
Hi Chip,

Have you tried upping the refresh rate?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Chip" <Chip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news8FC63F1-E3B6-4813-96BE-D4FE4BB88ACA@microsoft.com...
>I recently upgraded to Vista from XP. I have set my screen resolution to
>the
> highest setting, but the screen keeps blacking out for a second, then
> setting
> the resolution to the lowest setting.
>
> Any help is appreciated, thank you.

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hpcA==?=

Re: Screen Keeps Flickering/Blacking Out
Thanks for the reply. My refresh rate is 75, and per your suggestion, I tried
raising it to the next level, but the screen says it is not supported by my
monitor (a 17-inch Hyuandai flat screen).

Chip

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi Chip,
>
> Have you tried upping the refresh rate?
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Chip" <Chip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news8FC63F1-E3B6-4813-96BE-D4FE4BB88ACA@microsoft.com...
> >I recently upgraded to Vista from XP. I have set my screen resolution to
> >the
> > highest setting, but the screen keeps blacking out for a second, then
> > setting
> > the resolution to the lowest setting.
> >
> > Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Ben Enfield

Re: Screen Keeps Flickering/Blacking Out
What is the behavior when you set the monitor at different settings?

"Chip" <Chip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news8FC63F1-E3B6-4813-96BE-D4FE4BB88ACA@microsoft.com...
>I recently upgraded to Vista from XP. I have set my screen resolution to
>the
> highest setting, but the screen keeps blacking out for a second, then
> setting
> the resolution to the lowest setting.
>
> Any help is appreciated, thank you.

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hpcA==?=

Re: Screen Keeps Flickering/Blacking Out

The screen blacks out, and goes to the setting I choose, which is the
highest setting, but then I will open a program or browser and it gets set to
the lower setting.

Chip

"Ben Enfield" wrote:

> What is the behavior when you set the monitor at different settings?
>
> "Chip" <Chip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news8FC63F1-E3B6-4813-96BE-D4FE4BB88ACA@microsoft.com...
> >I recently upgraded to Vista from XP. I have set my screen resolution to
> >the
> > highest setting, but the screen keeps blacking out for a second, then
> > setting
> > the resolution to the lowest setting.
> >
> > Any help is appreciated, thank you.

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hpcA==?=

Re: Screen Keeps Flickering/Blacking Out
The screen blacks out and goes to the setting I choose. But then later it
randomly blacks out for a second and goes to the low setting.

Chip

"Ben Enfield" wrote:

> What is the behavior when you set the monitor at different settings?
>
> "Chip" <Chip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news8FC63F1-E3B6-4813-96BE-D4FE4BB88ACA@microsoft.com...
> >I recently upgraded to Vista from XP. I have set my screen resolution to
> >the
> > highest setting, but the screen keeps blacking out for a second, then
> > setting
> > the resolution to the lowest setting.
> >
> > Any help is appreciated, thank you.

=?Utf-8?B?a2JlZGth?=

Re: Screen Keeps Flickering/Blacking Out
I've had this same problem. I have no other options for refresh rate but 60
Hz? The problem is still happening and I haven't been able to get any
solution to this.