Unable to Download Anything

JDB

Unable to Download Anything
Hello, i have a laptop ~ 5 months old that I use almost entirely for the
internet.

About 3 weeks ago, using IE, I noticed web pages stared loading poorly, with
many errors. Photos would only half load. The problem got progressively
worse. Now, I am unable to download any new files...windows update, firefox,
spyware detectors, anything. They download ok, but when I try to install I
get errors saying the file is corrupted.

I ran norton antivirus full system scan with no adverse results.

I ran a memory test, with no adverse results.

I restored the pc to a point about 6 weeks ago, the problem persists.

I finally restored the pc to the factory default settings, the problem still
persists.

Any ideas?
Mick Murphy

RE: Unable to Download Anything
http://www.speedtest.net/

Do a broadband speed test, and see how it compares to what your ISP is
supposed to providing for you.

--
Mick Murphy - Qld (Sunshine State) - Australia

"JDB" wrote:

> Hello, i have a laptop ~ 5 months old that I use almost entirely for the
> internet.
>
> About 3 weeks ago, using IE, I noticed web pages stared loading poorly, with
> many errors. Photos would only half load. The problem got progressively
> worse. Now, I am unable to download any new files...windows update, firefox,
> spyware detectors, anything. They download ok, but when I try to install I
> get errors saying the file is corrupted.
>
> I ran norton antivirus full system scan with no adverse results.
>
> I ran a memory test, with no adverse results.
>
> I restored the pc to a point about 6 weeks ago, the problem persists.
>
> I finally restored the pc to the factory default settings, the problem still
> persists.
>
> Any ideas?

Rick Rogers

Re: Unable to Download Anything
Click start/search, type msconfig and hit <enter>. On the startup and
services tabs, disable anything loading from Symantec/Norton. Click apply/ok
and reboot, see if this changes things.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/