Page loading problems

my_realtor

Page loading problems
We have evacuated so I'm not in my own area with my own provider. I am on a
military base in Bossier City. LA on Barksdale AFB in their family
campground, which does have Wi-Fi, or as they have on their paper work YiFi.
Their provider I'm using for my connection is QOLNET. I've been having major
problems connecting and sometimes are unable to connect at all. It has taken
me over 2 hours to get to this page. I've had to go to Microsoft's main page
then click on support and wait, wait, wait to the point of giving up and
trying again. I finally shut-down and rebooted to be able to get this far.

I'm using Windows Vista but don't know what other information you may need
to have some idea of what the problem could be. Most of the pages I try to go
to such as weather. com, my banking page, New Orleans local news TV stations
pages result in the inability to load.

My laptop is a Toshiba which was purchased just a year ago, August '07. If
anyone can help me I'd appreciate any help I can get. Thanks in advance.

--
my_realtor (Linda)

Malke

Re: Page loading problems
my_realtor wrote:

> We have evacuated so I'm not in my own area with my own provider. I am on
> a military base in Bossier City. LA on Barksdale AFB in their family
> campground, which does have Wi-Fi, or as they have on their paper work
> YiFi. Their provider I'm using for my connection is QOLNET. I've been
> having major problems connecting and sometimes are unable to connect at
> all. It has taken me over 2 hours to get to this page. I've had to go to
> Microsoft's main page then click on support and wait, wait, wait to the
> point of giving up and trying again. I finally shut-down and rebooted to
> be able to get this far.
>
> I'm using Windows Vista but don't know what other information you may need
> to have some idea of what the problem could be. Most of the pages I try to
> go to such as weather. com, my banking page, New Orleans local news TV
> stations pages result in the inability to load.
>
> My laptop is a Toshiba which was purchased just a year ago, August '07. If
> anyone can help me I'd appreciate any help I can get. Thanks in advance.

It could be anything, such as the routers being used are older and not
really compatible with Vista. It could also be a bandwidth issue - too many
people trying to use a finite pipe. It could also be physical issues with
the provider's network; after all, you evacuated because you're in the
middle of some terrible weather. Check with other people - if they are
having similar problems, it's the broadband provider.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

my_realtor

Re: Page loading problems
Thanks! I was unable to get to this page or any other page after requesting
help yesterday. I was getting so frustrated that I just packed up the laptop
and gave up.

I went online a lot earlier today and was able to get right online with no
problem and get to this site. What is the best solution for internet access
when on the road especially when evacuating there are usually many people,
headed or displaced to the same area. If there are more people then the Wi-Fi
can handle or it's too out dated for Vista what is suggested for reliable
internet service while displaced?

my_realtor (Linda)

"Malke" wrote:

> my_realtor wrote:
>
> > We have evacuated so I'm not in my own area with my own provider. I am on
> > a military base in Bossier City. LA on Barksdale AFB in their family
> > campground, which does have Wi-Fi, or as they have on their paper work
> > YiFi. Their provider I'm using for my connection is QOLNET. I've been
> > having major problems connecting and sometimes are unable to connect at
> > all. It has taken me over 2 hours to get to this page. I've had to go to
> > Microsoft's main page then click on support and wait, wait, wait to the
> > point of giving up and trying again. I finally shut-down and rebooted to
> > be able to get this far.
> >
> > I'm using Windows Vista but don't know what other information you may need
> > to have some idea of what the problem could be. Most of the pages I try to
> > go to such as weather. com, my banking page, New Orleans local news TV
> > stations pages result in the inability to load.
> >
> > My laptop is a Toshiba which was purchased just a year ago, August '07. If
> > anyone can help me I'd appreciate any help I can get. Thanks in advance.
> >

> It could be anything, such as the routers being used are older and not
> really compatible with Vista. It could also be a bandwidth issue - too many
> people trying to use a finite pipe. It could also be physical issues with
> the provider's network; after all, you evacuated because you're in the
> middle of some terrible weather. Check with other people - if they are
> having similar problems, it's the broadband provider.
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP
> Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
> FAQ - http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/#FAQ

Paul Montgomery

Re: Page loading problems
On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 06:31:00 -0700, my_realtor
<Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>If there are more people then the Wi-Fi
>can handle or it's too out dated for Vista what is suggested for reliable
>internet service while displaced?

An internet cafe. Screenz.
Malke

Re: Page loading problems
my_realtor wrote:

> Thanks! I was unable to get to this page or any other page after
> requesting help yesterday. I was getting so frustrated that I just packed
> up the laptop and gave up.
>
> I went online a lot earlier today and was able to get right online with no
> problem and get to this site. What is the best solution for internet
> access when on the road especially when evacuating there are usually many
> people, headed or displaced to the same area. If there are more people
> then the Wi-Fi can handle or it's too out dated for Vista what is
> suggested for reliable internet service while displaced?

Well, there you go. Bandwidth most probably. There's nothing you can do if
an entire area is under attack from weather or human forces. If you're in
the middle of a hurricane, the Internet cafes' broadband providers are
going to be having the same issues as everyone else.

There is no magic thought-transference method to enable you to get around
physical constraints, at least not in this part of the Multiverse. Sorry.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

A4you is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
page loading problem
Hi all! I have a problem loading some pages. Since a week ago some pages donít seem to work, and some work perfectly, with no problem, but pages like yahoo, youtube, Microsoft wonít load, and if they load ( yahoo mail ) itís showing the text in no other with no frames just plain text. I donít remember installing some software that might block these pages, I installed another browser but I have the same problem. The internet connection is very good and fast, so thatís not the problem. I uninstalled and deleted all the programs that were bad installed, and all temporary files, and history, and bad registry, I cleaned up my laptop, but nothing. I have Windows Vista Home Premium, on an HP laptop. I really need help. If you have some idea on what can I do please reply. Thank you a lot!