Windows FTP Program

Bogdan Florian

Windows FTP Program
Microsoft should try to write a FTP program as a feature for Windows Vista
and include it into a Windows Update.
This feature could be the best!
Thank You

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...ce_maintenance
Hong

Re: Windows FTP Program
There is an FTP program already in Windows I think since the very early
days of Windows:

c:\> ftp /?

There is nothing pretty about the program but it works just like any
other FTP programs.

Bogdan Florian wrote:
> Microsoft should try to write a FTP program as a feature for Windows Vista
> and include it into a Windows Update.
> This feature could be the best!
> Thank You
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...ce_maintenance

DDW

Re: Windows FTP Program
Hong <ljfong@gmail.com> wrote:

>There is an FTP program already in Windows I think since the very early
>days of Windows:
>
>c:\> ftp /?
>
>There is nothing pretty about the program but it works just like any
>other FTP programs.

I've been using ws_ftp95 for what seems like eons now.

>Bogdan Florian wrote:
>> Microsoft should try to write a FTP program as a feature for Windows Vista
>> and include it into a Windows Update.
>> This feature could be the best!
>> Thank You
>>
>> ----------------
>> suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
>> Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
>> link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
>> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>
>> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...ce_maintenance

DDW
No email please
SgtBaxter

Re: Windows FTP Program

What exactly do you mean by "FTP" program?

Do you want an FTP server? It's included in ultimate and enterprise.

FTP Client? It's called windows explorer and is included in all
versions. Just type the address of the server you need to connect to in
the windows explorer address bar.

--
SgtBaxter

Q9450@3.4 - Asus P5Q Deluxe - 8GB Corsair Dominator @ 1066 - 2x 750GB
Seagate - Asus 4850 - CoolerMaster RealPower Pro 850W - Cosmos 1000 -
CoolerMaster V8 CPU Cooler