Windows Installer (Vista)

fredrock46

Windows Installer (Vista)

Hello, I have a new HP desktop, Vista Home Premium SP1 x64 and I'm
starting to wish I didn't.

When I try to Update or Install programs I get the following:

"The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if
you are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer is not
correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance."

When I try to download and install the Installer I get: "The update
does not apply to your system". I'm on x64 but I tried them both anyway.
Same error.
Windows6.0-KB942288-v2-x64.msu
Windows6.0-KB942288-v2-x86.msu
So I tried the Windows Installer Cleanup wizard, msicuu2.
It returns errors: Internal Error 2908 and then Error: 1406 along with
"make sure sufficent access".
I checked Also: "MSIServer" is assigned correct value.
Services shows the Installer as Started in manual.
I tried to unrgerister and re-register from the Command prompt, in Safe
Mode MSIexec /unregister
MSIexec /regserver
I even ran the SFC all without result. I can't get that Installer out
of there. Any Thoughts? Fred.

--
fredrock46
Jimwad

Re: Windows Installer (Vista)

I have the same error message . I've tried all sorts of things
suggested by technical forums without success. A very kind man at Serif,
who's software I was trying to install has spent an hour on the phone
trying to sort the problem for me. Even installing
Windows6.0-KB942288-v2-x86 the 4.5 version brings up the same message.
In system configuration it says Windows installer is running and in
sevices.msc it says it is started and is set to manual. Any solutions
would be very much appreciated.

--
Jimwad
Marc Steenbergen

RE: Windows Installer (Vista)
Dear Microsoft,

And this is customer no. 3 which has teh same problem. I cannot install ANY
program anymore since the Windows Installer "has not been installed
correctly". When I try to install the latest version of the WIndows
Installer, the program starts to install but quite quickly says that there is
not enough disk space to process this request. And I have 111 Gb of free
space left!!!!

I bought a program, and you are supposed to deliver a working program.
Please solve this asap, as this blocks me in my work!!!!!

Regards,

Marc S****bergen

"fredrock46" wrote:

> Hello, I have a new HP desktop, Vista Home Premium SP1 x64 and I'm
> starting to wish I didn't.
>
> When I try to Update or Install programs I get the following:
>
> "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if
> you are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer is not
> correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance."
>
> When I try to download and install the Installer I get: "The update
> does not apply to your system". I'm on x64 but I tried them both anyway.
> Same error.
> Windows6.0-KB942288-v2-x64.msu
> Windows6.0-KB942288-v2-x86.msu
> So I tried the Windows Installer Cleanup wizard, msicuu2.
> It returns errors: Internal Error 2908 and then Error: 1406 along with
> "make sure sufficent access".
> I checked Also: "MSIServer" is assigned correct value.
> Services shows the Installer as Started in manual.
> I tried to unrgerister and re-register from the Command prompt, in Safe
> Mode MSIexec /unregister
> MSIexec /regserver
> I even ran the SFC all without result. I can't get that Installer out
> of there. Any Thoughts? Fred.
>

> --
> fredrock46

Paul Montgomery

Re: Windows Installer (Vista)
On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 10:38:01 -0700, Marc S****bergen <Marc
S****bergen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Dear Microsoft,

This isn't an official Microsoft area. It's a peer-to-peer area only.

scampbel100

Re: Windows Installer (Vista)

Has anyone resolved this issue? I have the same Windows Installer
problems on Vista 64. Have tried everything.

Thanks!

--
scampbel100
scampbel100's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/scampbel100.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

bronygarth

Re: Windows Installer (Vista)

We are having exactly the same problems ...

We purchased a new HP computer a couple of months ago, and have since
bought Microsoft's Natural Mouse but haved been unable to install it -
the errors are just as other members have related.

I'd be very grateful to hear if others have overcome this problem

Cheers

--
bronygarth
bronygarth's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/bronygarth.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...ce/1029876.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

ggarland

Re: Windows Installer (Vista)

I am experiencing the same thing. I have had this Vista 64 bit machine
for about 3 weeks. I installed some of the programs I need, and then I
started to receive this error that says Windows Installer is not present
or is not properly installed. I have tried every down load I can find.
When I look in System Configuration, it says the Windows Installer is
stopped, but I can't find any way to start it. I have tried right
clicking and nothing happens.

--
ggarland
drobinsondn

Re: Windows Installer (Vista)

This is beyond ridiculous!!! I have the same problem and I have been
searching for MONTHS with no answers. Its crazy I cant download
programs, bought a new webcam today... its useless... So what I have to
wait 5 months and then shell out for Windows 7?!?

RIDICULOUS

--
drobinsondn
drobinsondn's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/106435.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...ce/1029876.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Manny Weisbord

Re: Windows Installer (Vista)
drobinsondn <drobinsondn.3twi3c@DoNotSpam.com> wrote:

>This is beyond ridiculous!!! I have the same problem and I have been
>searching for MONTHS with no answers. Its crazy I cant download
>programs, bought a new webcam today... its useless... So what I have to
>wait 5 months and then shell out for Windows 7?!?
>

>RIDICULOUS

Googling: The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. Vista

http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-3...-not-be-access
fredrock46

Re: Windows Installer (Vista)

I wish I could be helpful with this but I never was able to find a
solution. I was forced to reinstall Windows Vista to correct it. The
only good thing was that it allowed me to finagle new Vista Operating
System disks out of MS. and not the crap recovery disks HP provided.
Also, as I recall it was quite easy to do and did'nt affect anything
else I already had on my PC. I do remember being furious though so I am
sympathetic. Get Loud.

--
fredrock46