Hibernate Problems

Stu Davis

Hibernate Problems
For years now I have been using the Hibernate shut-down option (for XP and
Vista). It provides for a much faster start-up for the computer
(particularly Vista) and the windows I always use are loaded and ready to
go.

All of sudden Vista Hibernate is acting up. I can do the Hibernate shutdown
and it goes through its routine and shuts down the computer.

HOWEVER, the computer then decides to fire up again on its own after about 5
minutes of Hibernate shutdown. Note that this problem has never occurred
with my XP laptop, only on my main computer, an HP 17" laptop with 2 gigs
memory, running Vista Home Premium.

Any help resolving this problem would be appreciated.

Stu Davis

.Joe

Re: Hibernate Problems

Stu Davis;824080 Wrote:
> For years now I have been using the Hibernate shut-down option (for XP
> and
> Vista). It provides for a much faster start-up for the computer
> (particularly Vista) and the windows I always use are loaded and ready
> go.
>
> All of sudden Vista Hibernate is acting up. I can do the Hibernate
> shutdown
> and it goes through its routine and shuts down the computer.
>
> HOWEVER, the computer then decides to fire up again on its own after
> about 5
> minutes of Hibernate shutdown. Note that this problem has never
> occurred
> with my XP laptop, only on my main computer, an HP 17" laptop with 2
> gigs
> memory, running Vista Home Premium.
>
> Any help resolving this problem would be appreciated.
>
> Stu Davis

Stu,

I don't have a simple answer for you.

The best that I can recommend is a tutorial on our website that
addresses power/sleep issues.

The URL is:
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/63...-problems.html

I hope this helps.

--
.Joe

_[image:
http://uswave.net/vistax64/joetmvx64.png] (\"http://uswave.net/vistax64/joetmvx64.png\")_
_*::Vista_Forums::* (\"http://www.vistax64.com/\")_
'Geekbench Score: 4031'
(http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/view/51273)
_CPU-Z (\"http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=345866\")_

protiusmime is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Davis View Post
For years now I have been using the Hibernate shut-down option (for XP and
Vista). It provides for a much faster start-up for the computer
(particularly Vista) and the windows I always use are loaded and ready to
go.

All of sudden Vista Hibernate is acting up. I can do the Hibernate shutdown
and it goes through its routine and shuts down the computer.

HOWEVER, the computer then decides to fire up again on its own after about 5
minutes of Hibernate shutdown. Note that this problem has never occurred
with my XP laptop, only on my main computer, an HP 17" laptop with 2 gigs
memory, running Vista Home Premium.

Any help resolving this problem would be appreciated.

Stu Davis
I solved this same issue with Home Premium by turning of my network adapter when going into sleep mode. My computer used to wake up on its own after a few mins. You can do this in your power settings in Control Panel. Also, turn wireless mouse off (if you have one). This will require you to wake the computer by another means other than moving your mouse.