Intellipoint 6.2 will not uninstall

ashforma

Intellipoint 6.2 will not uninstall
I have Vista Ultimate, fully patched. I have Microsoft Intellipoint 6.2 and
want to uninstall it.

In the control panel when I click on it nothing, same with Intellitype. No
menu for uninstall, repair etc. But it is Intellipoint I want to uninstall.
How do I get rid of Intellipoint?
Paul Montgomery

Re: Intellipoint 6.2 will not uninstall
On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 16:58:10 -0700, ashforma
<ashforma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have Vista Ultimate, fully patched. I have Microsoft Intellipoint 6.2 and
>want to uninstall it.
>
>In the control panel when I click on it nothing, same with Intellitype. No
>menu for uninstall, repair etc. But it is Intellipoint I want to uninstall.
>How do I get rid of Intellipoint?

It's not even listed there on my machine.

Got to Control Panel/MOUSE. Look in Properties. You will have optios
to either disable or uninstall the driver.
Phillips

Re: Intellipoint 6.2 will not uninstall
You probably deleted the uninstall file, or you do not have the privilege...
or Vista does not allow you to uninstall the MS Mouse software
Just install and uninstall Intellipoint - Vista might gladly find and
reinstall it after reboot assuming you use the MS mouse.
Michael

"ashforma" <ashforma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Vista Ultimate, fully patched. I have Microsoft Intellipoint 6.2 and
> want to uninstall it.
>
> In the control panel when I click on it nothing, same with Intellitype. No
> menu for uninstall, repair etc. But it is Intellipoint I want to
> uninstall.
> How do I get rid of Intellipoint?

Wayward

RE: Intellipoint 6.2 will not uninstall
When you select it in "Intellipoint" in Add/Remove, do you see "Change" in
the tool bar? If so, click "Change" and follow the prompts.

HTH

"ashforma" wrote:

> I have Vista Ultimate, fully patched. I have Microsoft Intellipoint 6.2 and
> want to uninstall it.
>
> In the control panel when I click on it nothing, same with Intellitype. No
> menu for uninstall, repair etc. But it is Intellipoint I want to uninstall.
> How do I get rid of Intellipoint?

ashforma

Re: Intellipoint 6.2 will not uninstall
Catch 22. Intellipoint will not reinstall because it finds it already there
and says I have to uninstall it.

In control panel/mous/driver I have disabled and deleted the driver 2x and
it comes back....

In Control when I alt click on Intelipoint to uninstall, there is no pop up
menu allowing me select uninstall or change.

I have Intelitype installed as well and have the same observations about
that except I don't want to uninstall it.

"Phillips" wrote:

> You probably deleted the uninstall file, or you do not have the privilege...
> or Vista does not allow you to uninstall the MS Mouse software
> Just install and uninstall Intellipoint - Vista might gladly find and
> reinstall it after reboot assuming you use the MS mouse.
> Michael
>
> "ashforma" <ashforma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have Vista Ultimate, fully patched. I have Microsoft Intellipoint 6.2 and
> > want to uninstall it.
> >
> > In the control panel when I click on it nothing, same with Intellitype. No
> > menu for uninstall, repair etc. But it is Intellipoint I want to
> > uninstall.
> > How do I get rid of Intellipoint?

Paul Montgomery

Re: Intellipoint 6.2 will not uninstall
On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 13:51:00 -0700, ashforma
<ashforma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Catch 22. Intellipoint will not reinstall because it finds it already there
>and says I have to uninstall it.
>
>In control panel/mous/driver I have disabled and deleted the driver 2x and
>it comes back....

Backup your registry.

Search for "intellipoint" and delete every key/entry in both left and
right panel that refers to it.

Restart.
C.B.

Re: Intellipoint 6.2 will not uninstall

"ashforma" <ashforma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have Vista Ultimate, fully patched. I have Microsoft Intellipoint 6.2
> and
> want to uninstall it.
>
> In the control panel when I click on it nothing, same with Intellitype. No
> menu for uninstall, repair etc. But it is Intellipoint I want to
> uninstall.
> How do I get rid of Intellipoint?

You will find it in "Programs and Features".

C.B.

--
It is the responsibility and duty of everyone to help the underprivileged
and unfortunate among us.

55site55 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Intellipoint 6.2 will not uninstall
Easier way to uninstall Intellipoint / Intellitype ... I used a freeware download , Revo Uninstaller . It worked perfectly, even giving the option to remove the associated registry entries left behind after the uninstall. Intellipoint hides its built in uninstaller, making it difficult to remove. The download is from revouninstaller.com . It might be necessary to re-install Intellipoint after installing Revo , since Revo only works with programs installed in its presence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashforma View Post
I have Vista Ultimate, fully patched. I have Microsoft Intellipoint 6.2 and
want to uninstall it.

In the control panel when I click on it nothing, same with Intellitype. No
menu for uninstall, repair etc. But it is Intellipoint I want to uninstall.
How do I get rid of Intellipoint?

55site55 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Intellipoint 6.2 will not uninstall
I forgot to add that Revo Uninstaller did work perfectly for me , even though Revo was installed after Intellipoint. The Revo website said that Revo only worked with programs installed in its presence ... but that was not the case when I used Revo to uninstall Intellipoint . Intellipoint was uninstalled perfectly even though Revo had not been present during the Intellipoint installation .
Dave Briggs

Re: Intellipoint 6.2 will not uninstall
Delete the folder.