cannot click certain icons

arry

cannot click certain icons

Hi All

My problem seems to have started after i upgraded a few drivers,
using drivermax. After the download i had no sound so i rolled back
certain drivers and all ok. Buti now have a yellow icon in device
manager on an network adaptor called I S A T P.Microsoft hae
acknowledged there is a problem but do not give a solution
Also linked with this ,i cannot use certain icons ie orange
.co.uk, e-bay,googlemail advisor. The pop up tells me they cannot find
the files. If i type in the addresses , no problem, there is no option
to rollback the isatap driver
Any help would be appreciated
All the best Arry

--
arry
Malke

Re: cannot click certain icons
arry wrote:

> Hi All
>
> My problem seems to have started after i upgraded a few drivers,
> using drivermax. After the download i had no sound so i rolled back
> certain drivers and all ok. Buti now have a yellow icon in device
> manager on an network adaptor called I S A T P.Microsoft hae
> acknowledged there is a problem but do not give a solution
> Also linked with this ,i cannot use certain icons ie orange
> .co.uk, e-bay,googlemail advisor. The pop up tells me they cannot find
> the files. If i type in the addresses , no problem, there is no option
> to rollback the isatap driver
> Any help would be appreciated
> All the best Arry

Do a System Restore to before you updated all the drivers. If this doesn't
work, reinstall the correct drivers. Do not use DriveMax again. See below
for general drivers information:

The First Law of Driver Updates is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".
Normally if everything is working you want to leave things as they are. The
exception is that heavy-duty gamers will usually want to update their video
and sound drivers to squeeze every last bit of performance out of the
hardware to get the fastest frame rates. If you're not one of those people,
you don't need to update your drivers if there are no problems you are
trying to solve.

Never get drivers from Windows Update. Get them from:

1. The device mftr.'s website; OR
2. The motherboard mftr.'s website if hardware is onboard; OR
3. The OEM's website for your specific machine if you have an OEM computer
(HP, Dell, Sony, etc.).

Read the installation instructions on the website where you get the drivers.

To find out what hardware is in your computer:

1. Read any documentation you got when you bought the computer.
2. If the computer is OEM, go to the OEM's website for your specific model
machine and look at the specs (you'll be there to get the drivers anyway)
3. Download, install and run a free system inventory program like Belarc
Advisor or System Information for Windows.

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html - Belarc Advisor
http://www.gtopala.com/ - System Information for Windows

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

arry

Re: cannot click certain icons

Hi Malke

Thanks for the reply."If it aint broke leave it alone " is what i
should have done. Drivermax was recommended to me so i thought i would
give it a try and it told me seven of my drivers were out of date ! Any
way system restore is out because vista says it can only restore up to
five days ago.
I did a backup of my drivers about three weeks ago do you think i
should reinstall them ? But how do i uninstall the ones i have got now ?
What is ISATAP ? Questions Questions !!!

arry wrote:

> Hi Malke
>
> Thanks for the reply."If it aint broke leave it alone " is what i
> should have done. Drivermax was recommended to me so i thought i would
> give it a try and it told me seven of my drivers were out of date ! Any
> way system restore is out because vista says it can only restore up to
> five days ago.
> I did a backup of my drivers about three weeks ago do you think i
> should reinstall them ? But how do i uninstall the ones i have got now ?
> What is ISATAP ? Questions Questions !!!

System Restore will go back further than 5 days. Open it up and look again.
You'll see where you can enable it to show more than 5 days.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Phillips

Re: cannot click certain icons
First try "Restore previous driver" (or so) in Driver Info menu.
Michael