Wastebasket gone

Carl G

Wastebasket gone
Hi Guys and Gals
Some time between last night and this eavening my recycle bin disapeared
from my desktop.
Can't find it with search.
It is still on my pc somewhere because it is listed in windows explorer ,
and I can open it and has deleted files in it yet.
How would I go about finding where it went to?
thanks in advance.

--
Carl G

Paul Graham

Re: Wastebasket gone
It might have been "switched off" in your settings.

Try a right click on the desktop, choose Personalise. When the window opens,
on the far left choose Change Desktop Icons - when that window opens make
sure the Recycle Bin is ticked and click OK. It should reappear. If not,
then I'm danged if I know ;-)

Paul

"Carl G" <cgerving@msnDOTcom> wrote in message
> Hi Guys and Gals
> Some time between last night and this eavening my recycle bin disapeared
> from my desktop.
> Can't find it with search.
> It is still on my pc somewhere because it is listed in windows explorer ,
> and I can open it and has deleted files in it yet.
> How would I go about finding where it went to?
> thanks in advance.
>
> --
> Carl G

Carl G

Re: Wastebasket gone
Hi Paul
Thank you verry much.That was the problem.
Somehow it got unchecked. Learn something new everyday.
Thanks again Paul.

--
Carl G

"Paul Graham" <paulgraham@pobox.com> wrote in message
> It might have been "switched off" in your settings.
>
> Try a right click on the desktop, choose Personalise. When the window
> opens, on the far left choose Change Desktop Icons - when that window
> opens make sure the Recycle Bin is ticked and click OK. It should
> reappear. If not, then I'm danged if I know ;-)
>
> Paul
>

> "Carl G" <cgerving@msnDOTcom> wrote in message
>> Hi Guys and Gals
>> Some time between last night and this eavening my recycle bin disapeared
>> from my desktop.
>> Can't find it with search.
>> It is still on my pc somewhere because it is listed in windows explorer ,
>> and I can open it and has deleted files in it yet.
>> How would I go about finding where it went to?
>> thanks in advance.
>>
>> --
>> Carl G

John Chamberlain

Re: Wastebasket gone
Carl,

I have done this more than once. When I mean to empty it, I have hit
"delete" by mistake and the icon goes away...

JC

> Hi Paul
> Thank you verry much.That was the problem.
> Somehow it got unchecked. Learn something new everyday.
> Thanks again Paul.
>
> --
> Carl G
>
> "Paul Graham" <paulgraham@pobox.com> wrote in message
>> It might have been "switched off" in your settings.
>>
>> Try a right click on the desktop, choose Personalise. When the window
>> opens, on the far left choose Change Desktop Icons - when that window
>> opens make sure the Recycle Bin is ticked and click OK. It should
>> reappear. If not, then I'm danged if I know ;-)
>>
>> Paul
>>

>> "Carl G" <cgerving@msnDOTcom> wrote in message
>>> Hi Guys and Gals
>>> Some time between last night and this eavening my recycle bin disapeared
>>> from my desktop.
>>> Can't find it with search.
>>> It is still on my pc somewhere because it is listed in windows explorer
>>> , and I can open it and has deleted files in it yet.
>>> How would I go about finding where it went to?
>>> thanks in advance.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Carl G

Carl G

Re: Wastebasket gone
Thanks John,that is probably what I did.
Anyway its all up and running again.
Thanks again.

--
Carl G