same performance glitches

=?Utf-8?B?ZXJpYw==?=

same performance glitches
Below, i've pinned my original question. since posting it, i have appealed
to this computer's tech service and i have asked just about everyone that i
know for any ideas. i understand that i may not be able to use ms tech
support for free. paying for it will not kill me, but i thought i would give
it one more try here. if anyone has any advice...

i'm having a problem w/ vista that nobody seems to be familiar w/. i
absolutely must get this computer running smoothly ASAP. i've tried to
appeal to technical support (which requires the vista serial number) but my
serial num' is not recognized. i have tried more than a few times. i really
need help on this. if anyone has any advice please share. incidentally, the
nature of the problem is one of windows maximizing and minimizing when i
click on various parts of pages such as text fields or when i try to
scroll down using the side scroll bars - the same thing happens...it's
impossible to get anything done really. the only advice i've gotten so far
is "don't click on the borders because they can make things open and close"
or something to that effect. this makes sense, but the problem occurs also
at times when i click randomly or on an object somewhere near the middle of
the screen far from any borders. .
have been running virus protection since the start and this is a new computer
sufficiently equipped to run vista. i really need tech' assistance. if you
might have any knowledge that can help me please share. eric
=?Utf-8?B?dGFtcG9u?=

RE: same performance glitches
I'm having the same problem, its realy annoying, i have just bought a toshiba
laptop and from day one i've been having this problem. I do not have a clue
whats happening or what is causing it. I agree thats its making work almost
impossible, please someone....help us sort this out, im at wits end now.
--
thanx

"eric" wrote:

> Below, i've pinned my original question. since posting it, i have appealed
> to this computer's tech service and i have asked just about everyone that i
> know for any ideas. i understand that i may not be able to use ms tech
> support for free. paying for it will not kill me, but i thought i would give
> it one more try here. if anyone has any advice...
>
> i'm having a problem w/ vista that nobody seems to be familiar w/. i
> absolutely must get this computer running smoothly ASAP. i've tried to
> appeal to technical support (which requires the vista serial number) but my
> serial num' is not recognized. i have tried more than a few times. i really
> need help on this. if anyone has any advice please share. incidentally, the
> nature of the problem is one of windows maximizing and minimizing when i
> click on various parts of pages such as text fields or when i try to
> scroll down using the side scroll bars - the same thing happens...it's
> impossible to get anything done really. the only advice i've gotten so far
> is "don't click on the borders because they can make things open and close"
> or something to that effect. this makes sense, but the problem occurs also
> at times when i click randomly or on an object somewhere near the middle of
> the screen far from any borders. .
> have been running virus protection since the start and this is a new computer
> sufficiently equipped to run vista. i really need tech' assistance. if you
> might have any knowledge that can help me please share. eric

tendy

RE: same performance glitches

Same problem- also have a toshiba... did anyone get any answers?
heeeeeellllppppp!
"eric" wrote:

> Below, i've pinned my original question. since posting it, i have appealed
> to this computer's tech service and i have asked just about everyone that i
> know for any ideas. i understand that i may not be able to use ms tech
> support for free. paying for it will not kill me, but i thought i would give
> it one more try here. if anyone has any advice...
>
> i'm having a problem w/ vista that nobody seems to be familiar w/. i
> absolutely must get this computer running smoothly ASAP. i've tried to
> appeal to technical support (which requires the vista serial number) but my
> serial num' is not recognized. i have tried more than a few times. i really
> need help on this. if anyone has any advice please share. incidentally, the
> nature of the problem is one of windows maximizing and minimizing when i
> click on various parts of pages such as text fields or when i try to
> scroll down using the side scroll bars - the same thing happens...it's
> impossible to get anything done really. the only advice i've gotten so far
> is "don't click on the borders because they can make things open and close"
> or something to that effect. this makes sense, but the problem occurs also
> at times when i click randomly or on an object somewhere near the middle of
> the screen far from any borders. .
> have been running virus protection since the start and this is a new computer
> sufficiently equipped to run vista. i really need tech' assistance. if you
> might have any knowledge that can help me please share. eric

clark-64

"eric" wrote:

> Below, i've pinned my original question. since posting it, i have appealed
> to this computer's tech service and i have asked just about everyone that i
> know for any ideas. i understand that i may not be able to use ms tech
> support for free. paying for it will not kill me, but i thought i would give
> it one more try here. if anyone has any advice...
>
> i'm having a problem w/ vista that nobody seems to be familiar w/. i
> absolutely must get this computer running smoothly ASAP. i've tried to
> appeal to technical support (which requires the vista serial number) but my
> serial num' is not recognized. i have tried more than a few times. i really
> need help on this. if anyone has any advice please share. incidentally, the
> nature of the problem is one of windows maximizing and minimizing when i
> click on various parts of pages such as text fields or when i try to
> scroll down using the side scroll bars - the same thing happens...it's
> impossible to get anything done really. the only advice i've gotten so far
> is "don't click on the borders because they can make things open and close"
> or something to that effect. this makes sense, but the problem occurs also
> at times when i click randomly or on an object somewhere near the middle of
> the screen far from any borders. .
> have been running virus protection since the start and this is a new computer
> sufficiently equipped to run vista. i really need tech' assistance. if you
> might have any knowledge that can help me please share. eric

If you've gotten help since you've written this, like having to pay more
money to get your purchased product to work as advertised, can you share it
with the rest of us unfortunate windows vista victims here? So much of
the country's time and productivity is being wasted vista. If i have to pay
for something, it will be to partitian the disk and purchase a win xp cd for
installation. That worked so much better.

Note to MS: This Vista product has me kicking myself that i didn't switch
to Apple. The company i worked for would never release as buggy a product
as this and use the customers in the field as their test lab. This practice
is going to be the best advertisement for your competitors. Their rise may
be the only thing that motivates a strive for competency within MS, rather
than comfort in having a monopoly, where the profits are siphoned away from
supporting the product so the top salaries can get more billions of dollars
that they dont even need for themselves.
I hope Gates is happy with dragging down our productivity - and that he can
start a charity organization that offers free tech support for vista users
(the way it is with other big companies).
clark-64

"clark-64" wrote:

> "eric" wrote:
>
> > Below, i've pinned my original question. since posting it, i have appealed
> > to this computer's tech service and i have asked just about everyone that i
> > know for any ideas. i understand that i may not be able to use ms tech
> > support for free. paying for it will not kill me, but i thought i would give
> > it one more try here. if anyone has any advice...
> >
> > i'm having a problem w/ vista that nobody seems to be familiar w/. i
> > absolutely must get this computer running smoothly ASAP. i've tried to
> > appeal to technical support (which requires the vista serial number) but my
> > serial num' is not recognized. i have tried more than a few times. i really
> > need help on this. if anyone has any advice please share. incidentally, the
> > nature of the problem is one of windows maximizing and minimizing when i
> > click on various parts of pages such as text fields or when i try to
> > scroll down using the side scroll bars - the same thing happens...it's
> > impossible to get anything done really. the only advice i've gotten so far
> > is "don't click on the borders because they can make things open and close"
> > or something to that effect. this makes sense, but the problem occurs also
> > at times when i click randomly or on an object somewhere near the middle of
> > the screen far from any borders. .
> > have been running virus protection since the start and this is a new computer
> > sufficiently equipped to run vista. i really need tech' assistance. if you
> > might have any knowledge that can help me please share. eric

> If you've gotten help since you've written this, like having to pay more
> money to get your purchased product to work as advertised, can you share it
> with the rest of us unfortunate windows vista victims here?

This problem turned out to Not be a Vista problem - It was lated to the
TOSHIBA LAPTOP TOUCHPAD SETTINGS FOR A NEW COMPUTER.
Their touchpad can be configured in many different ways and their shipping
default had set the upper and lower right of the touchpad to min and max the
screen. The areas deisgnated for the corners were set too big.
(I changed it to my pref - to page up for upper corner and down for the
lowe, after reducing the areas to only the tightest corners).
clark-64

RE: same performance glitches
I fixed my new toshiba with the touchpad controls - check the "tapping"
settings for how its configured for tapping the corners. Tapping the corner
areas was set to min and max control for lower and upper right corners and
the corner areas were set too large.