Full Screen DOS Window

Ryan P

Full Screen DOS Window
Is anybody aware of any Vista display drivers that will allow me to
open a DOS window in full screen mode?

I know I can install the XP version of the drivers and get my
functionality back, but these tend to give me a BSOD occasionally.

I don't care about the Aero eye candy, as I have it all turned off anyway.

I don't want to run a DOS emulator... I just want to be able to view
command lines in full screen, and run a few programs that would make
life MUCH easier on my eyes if I could run in full screen.

Any suggestions?
propman

Re: Full Screen DOS Window
Ryan P <rdeletepaque@wi.delete.rr.com> wrote in

> Is anybody aware of any Vista display drivers that will allow me to
> open a DOS window in full screen mode?
>
> I know I can install the XP version of the drivers and get my
> functionality back, but these tend to give me a BSOD occasionally.
>
> I don't care about the Aero eye candy, as I have it all turned off
> anyway.
>
> I don't want to run a DOS emulator... I just want to be able to view
> command lines in full screen, and run a few programs that would make
> life MUCH easier on my eyes if I could run in full screen.
>
> Any suggestions?

All Programs - Acessories - right click on "Command Prompt" - click on
Properties. Use "Options", "Font" etc to personalize to taste. :-)

Ryan P

Re: Full Screen DOS Window
propman wrote:

> All Programs - Acessories - right click on "Command Prompt" - click on
> Properties. Use "Options", "Font" etc to personalize to taste. :-)

..
..
You know, that option never even crossed my mind! For some reason, I
always thought that increasing the font size in a CLI would just make
the font bigger without expanding the window.

Teaches me for assuming!

Thanks!

..

Steve Thackery

Re: Full Screen DOS Window
> Is anybody aware of any Vista display drivers that will allow me to open
> a DOS window in full screen mode?

Sorry to be a pedant, but you mean a "console" window, or perhaps a "command
prompt" window. DOS isn't part of Vista... :-)

SteveT

Ryan P

Re: Full Screen DOS Window
Steve Thackery wrote:
>> Is anybody aware of any Vista display drivers that will allow me to
>> open a DOS window in full screen mode?

> Sorry to be a pedant, but you mean a "console" window, or perhaps a
> "command prompt" window. DOS isn't part of Vista... :-)

..
..
That's okay... I reverted back to my old Amiga days and called it a
CLI window before. I'm willing to call it anything, as long as *I*
know what I mean. I'll just keep others guessing!
Mick Murphy

Re: Full Screen DOS Window
Posters have been recommending dosbox to use DOS in Vista
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Ryan P" wrote:

> Steve Thackery wrote:
> >> Is anybody aware of any Vista display drivers that will allow me to
> >> open a DOS window in full screen mode?

> > Sorry to be a pedant, but you mean a "console" window, or perhaps a
> > "command prompt" window. DOS isn't part of Vista... :-)

> ..
> ..
> That's okay... I reverted back to my old Amiga days and called it a
> CLI window before. I'm willing to call it anything, as long as *I*
> know what I mean. I'll just keep others guessing!

ronald.phillips@gmail.com

Re: Full Screen DOS Window
On Aug 27, 5:08*pm, Ryan P <rdeletepa...@wi.delete.rr.com> wrote:
> * Is anybody aware of any Vista display drivers that will allow me to
> open a DOS window in full screen mode?
>
> * I know I can install the XP version of the drivers and get my
> functionality back, but these tend to give me a BSOD occasionally.
>
> * I don't care about the Aero eye candy, as I have it all turned off anyway.
>
> * I don't want to run a DOS emulator... I just want to be able to view
> command lines in full screen, and run a few programs that would make
> life MUCH easier on my eyes if I could run in full screen.
>
> * Any suggestions?
> ** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

Try different versions of the XP driver.
Ryan P

Re: Full Screen DOS Window
Mick Murphy wrote:
> Posters have been recommending dosbox to use DOS in Vista

..
..
I've never actually used DOSbox. I'm conflicted on the issue because
I don't do THAT much with DOS windows (I use mTel for an occasional
Telnet session... that's the primary use) to where I'd want to take the
time to set up a virtual machine.

On the other hand... do I want to never be able to play Lemmings
again? Sometimes I hate progress... lol
Ryan P

Re: Full Screen DOS Window
ronald.phillips@gmail.com wrote:

> Try different versions of the XP driver.

..
..
The problem is that its a laptop with an integrated mobile nvidia
gpu... its hard enough finding any XP version of the driver, much less
multiple versions.

Maybe I should try driverguide...
ronald.phillips@gmail.com

Re: Full Screen DOS Window