Modify registry

=?Utf-8?B?cnNjYXBlcnM=?=

Modify registry
I have a new Dell laptop running Vista Business and every time I open Word
(2003) I'm asked to accept the "end-user license agreement." I see that this
is a known problem, but the only instructions I can find to fix it involve
modifying the registry and all instructions apply to computers running
Windows XP or 2003 Server. Those instructions don't seem to work with Vista
Business: When I try to run regedit, I find under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE no
permissions to click, as instructed. Furthermore, it's strongly suggested
that a complete backup of the system be done before messing with the
registry, but complete backup has to be done on the CD drive and it says
there's not room enough on the disc, even though it's completely blank (it
doesn't matter whether it's formatted or not); I know it may actually take
several discs, but the backup process won't even start. This is a separate
issue from that involving the registry, I know, but it's troubling,
nonetheless.
=?Utf-8?B?cnNjYXBlcnM=?=

RE: Modify registry
For what it's worth, Dell says to follow the Windows XP instructions
available online for modifying the registry with Vista, and making the
modifications has solved the end-user license agreement problem. Dell says
the problem with the backup means my CD burner isn't working and they're
going to replace it, so that's taken care of as well.

rscapers

"rscapers" wrote:

> I have a new Dell laptop running Vista Business and every time I open Word
> (2003) I'm asked to accept the "end-user license agreement." I see that this
> is a known problem, but the only instructions I can find to fix it involve
> modifying the registry and all instructions apply to computers running
> Windows XP or 2003 Server. Those instructions don't seem to work with Vista
> Business: When I try to run regedit, I find under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE no
> permissions to click, as instructed. Furthermore, it's strongly suggested
> that a complete backup of the system be done before messing with the
> registry, but complete backup has to be done on the CD drive and it says
> there's not room enough on the disc, even though it's completely blank (it
> doesn't matter whether it's formatted or not); I know it may actually take
> several discs, but the backup process won't even start. This is a separate
> issue from that involving the registry, I know, but it's troubling,
> nonetheless.

Night Keeper

Re: Modify registry
I'm not sure if this will work for Office or not, but some other software
like Photoshop give a prompt to register everytime it is launched in Vista.
The cure for Photoshop is to right click on the shortcut and select run as
administrator, skip registration or register, and it quits prompting. It's
worth a try on Office.