Can't get into SAFE Mode

Victek

Can't get into SAFE Mode
Friends,

I'm trying to boot Vista into SAFE mode and for some reason the F8 key
doesn't work. Is there another way to invoke it? Boot from the DVD media
and then....?

Paul Montgomery

Re: Can't get into SAFE Mode
On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 08:26:04 -0700, "Victek" <Victek@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

>I'm trying to boot Vista into SAFE mode and for some reason the F8 key
>doesn't work. Is there another way to invoke it? Boot from the DVD media
>and then....?

Take the DVD out and try it.
Brink

Re: Can't get into SAFE Mode

Hi Victek,

If you have a multimedia keyboard, then you may need to press the "F
Lock" key first before you can use the F8 key.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Phillips

Re: Can't get into SAFE Mode
Try msconfig/Boot/check SafeBoot
or search the web for more; ex.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...utorial61.html
Michael

"Victek" <Victek@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
newsE09E536-4D4D-4ECA-9F21-0371DD7C1F5C@microsoft.com...
> Friends,
>
> I'm trying to boot Vista into SAFE mode and for some reason the F8 key
> doesn't work. Is there another way to invoke it? Boot from the DVD media
> and then....?

Daze N. Knights

Re: Can't get into SAFE Mode
Phillips' instructions for checking SafeBoot in msconfig should work.
Once in Safe Mode, of course, you will then need to return to msconfig
to *un*check SafeBoot in order to return to Normal Mode.

Phillips wrote:
> Try msconfig/Boot/check SafeBoot
> or search the web for more; ex.
> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...utorial61.html
> Michael
>
> "Victek" <Victek@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> newsE09E536-4D4D-4ECA-9F21-0371DD7C1F5C@microsoft.com...
>> Friends,
>>
>> I'm trying to boot Vista into SAFE mode and for some reason the F8 key
>> doesn't work. Is there another way to invoke it? Boot from the DVD
>> media and then....?

Si

Re: Can't get into SAFE Mode
What motherboard do you have? On my ASUS mobo I have to press F8 then F4 and
then F8 quickly which brings up the safe mode options screen.

Cheers.

Si

"Daze N. Knights" <Daze@Microdot.dot> wrote in message
> Phillips' instructions for checking SafeBoot in msconfig should work. Once
> in Safe Mode, of course, you will then need to return to msconfig to
> *un*check SafeBoot in order to return to Normal Mode.
>

> Phillips wrote:
>> Try msconfig/Boot/check SafeBoot
>> or search the web for more; ex.
>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...utorial61.html
>> Michael
>>
>> "Victek" <Victek@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>> newsE09E536-4D4D-4ECA-9F21-0371DD7C1F5C@microsoft.com...
>>> Friends,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to boot Vista into SAFE mode and for some reason the F8 key
>>> doesn't work. Is there another way to invoke it? Boot from the DVD
>>> media and then....?

Kayman

Re: Can't get into SAFE Mode
On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 08:26:04 -0700, Victek wrote:

> Friends,
>
> I'm trying to boot Vista into SAFE mode and for some reason the F8 key
> doesn't work. Is there another way to invoke it?

I have to press the F5 key on my ('Genius' wireless) keyboard.
Daze N. Knights

Re: Can't get into SAFE Mode
It doesn't matter what motherboard I have. I am not the one with a
problem getting into safe mode.
---------------------------

Si wrote:
> What motherboard do you have? On my ASUS mobo I have to press F8 then F4
> and then F8 quickly which brings up the safe mode options screen.
>
> Cheers.
>
> Si
>
> "Daze N. Knights" <Daze@Microdot.dot> wrote in message
>> Phillips' instructions for checking SafeBoot in msconfig should work.
>> Once in Safe Mode, of course, you will then need to return to msconfig
>> to *un*check SafeBoot in order to return to Normal Mode.
>>

>> Phillips wrote:
>>> Try msconfig/Boot/check SafeBoot
>>> or search the web for more; ex.
>>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...utorial61.html
>>> Michael
>>>
>>> "Victek" <Victek@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>>> newsE09E536-4D4D-4ECA-9F21-0371DD7C1F5C@microsoft.com...

Flight

Re: Can't get into SAFE Mode

"Paul Montgomery" <i.m.nonnymous@NOSPAMgmail.com> schreef in bericht
> On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 08:26:04 -0700, "Victek" <Victek@invalid.invalid>
> wrote:
>

>>I'm trying to boot Vista into SAFE mode and for some reason the F8 key
>>doesn't work. Is there another way to invoke it? Boot from the DVD media
>>and then....?

> Take the DVD out and try it.

Is there anything to silence you besides killing you, blundering idiot?

Victek

Re: Can't get into SAFE Mode

"Kayman" <kaymanDeleteThis@operamail.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 08:26:04 -0700, Victek wrote:
>
>> Friends,
>>
>> I'm trying to boot Vista into SAFE mode and for some reason the F8 key
>> doesn't work. Is there another way to invoke it?

> I have to press the F5 key on my ('Genius' wireless) keyboard.

Thanks to everyone for replying. It turns out that it's necessary to select
the System Recover menu first (F11). Then you can highlight the OS and F8
brings up the usual options including safe mode. I don't know if this is
the norm for HP's running Vista, but in any case I was able to get in and
copy the user's data.