screensaver options/settings gone in Vista

mac

screensaver options/settings gone in Vista
Until recently there was a screensaver option in "personalize"(right
click on desktop) That is now gone and there is no way to change the
screen saver picture or settings.

I have done quite a few things in the last few days, automatic windows
update, installing a different external drive, installing a D-Link USB
hub, installing several types of software and uninstalling software.
(Forcefield from Zone Alarm was one of them, I hated it!! Really slowed
the browser down)

I have done a Google search and see that some people can not change
settings etc for the screensaver after installing wireless mouse and
keyboards. Which I have not done.
Many suggestions to change settings in regedit.

What the heck happened to my screensaver options in "personalize"?
motarola2

Re: screensaver options/settings gone in Vista

try a system restore to load a date when the system was working.

--
motarola2
mac

motarola2 wrote:
> try a system restore to load a date when the system was working.

I tried that. And it did not change the registery value.
After many hours of googling, and then posting this, and
googling some more I finally found the answer.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/15...-changing.html

I still do not know how the value got changed in the register.

I tried the help and suppost in start, did a search for screensaver, and
tried to click on start screensaver settings. A box popped up stating
"Your system administrator has disabled launching of the Display
Settings Control Panel". I did another search for that and went to
www.vista64.com. Found the subject under Vista Tutorials.

I backed up the registery and following the directions. The screensaver
settings are now back in "Personalize".

From the looks of the Google searches I did there are many people with
this problem.

Thanks for your suggestion.
Mary Ann
Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP

Re: screensaver options/settings gone in Vista
Restore Missing Options to the Personalize Page in Windows Vista - The
Winhelponline Blog:
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/re...page-in-vista/

--
Regards,