HELP KB936330

ing. Muskus

HELP KB936330
Hi peeps,

I'm a new Vista user..

A few weeks ago I saw that KB936330 (published 13-5-2008) was ready to be
installed and it was listed as an important update. After installing it I had
to restart my pc, that went well.
Then I got a screen: Configuring updates, stage 3 of 3 100% complete. Do not
turn off your computer.. That lasted like 13 minutes, the pc shut down by
itself, restarted and I got the same screen again. This went on a few times.
I decided to use the on/off button and shut down the pc manually. After I
restarted it, I got the same screen! It actually took me a few hours to
finally log on into my pc, and I restored it to before that update. 8-8-08 I
did a dumb thing by installing the same update again! Same story, I had to
restore my pc again after a few hours. Now I'm checking for updates again, I
see the same update, You can surely understand I'm not going to install it,
but can anybody please tell me, what is wrong with it and how can I delete it
so I won't get any more notifications about it?

Thanks for the help.
--
Everyman Got the Right to decide his own Destiny
scrooge

Re: HELP KB936330

KB936330
*Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1)* is an update to Windows Vista that
addresses feedback from our customers. In addition to previously
released updates, SP1 will contain changes focused on addressing
specific reliability, performance, and compatibility issues; supporting
new types of hardware; and adding support for several emerging
standards. SP1 also will continue to make it easier for IT
administrators to deploy and manage Windows Vista. Windows Vista Service
Pack 1 Five Language Standalone version can be installed on systems with
any of the following language versions: English (US), French, German,
Japanese, or Spanish (Traditional).
scrooge

--
scrooge
ing. Muskus

Re: HELP KB936330
Ok, so it's an farely important one. The only problem is I cant install it,
Cause I won't be able to use my laptop. It keeps restarting and I don't get
any error codes.

What can I do?
--

"scrooge" wrote:

> KB936330
> *Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1)* is an update to Windows Vista that
> addresses feedback from our customers. In addition to previously
> released updates, SP1 will contain changes focused on addressing
> specific reliability, performance, and compatibility issues; supporting
> new types of hardware; and adding support for several emerging
> standards. SP1 also will continue to make it easier for IT
> administrators to deploy and manage Windows Vista. Windows Vista Service
> Pack 1 Five Language Standalone version can be installed on systems with
> any of the following language versions: English (US), French, German,
> Japanese, or Spanish (Traditional).
> scrooge
>

> --
> scrooge

scrooge

Re: HELP KB936330

just start the install before you go to bed . when you get up it should
be done . as for the rebooting it's all part of the install and if i
remember it took about 1 hour to
get done.
scrooge

--
scrooge
Mick Murphy

Re: HELP KB936330
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...4&gprid=500921

Above link is FREE help from MS for Service Pack 1 problems
Give then a try.
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"ing. Muskus" wrote:

> Ok, so it's an farely important one. The only problem is I cant install it,
> Cause I won't be able to use my laptop. It keeps restarting and I don't get
> any error codes.
>
> What can I do?
> --
> Everyman Got the Right to decide his own Destiny
>

> "scrooge" wrote:
>

> > KB936330
> > *Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1)* is an update to Windows Vista that
> > addresses feedback from our customers. In addition to previously
> > released updates, SP1 will contain changes focused on addressing
> > specific reliability, performance, and compatibility issues; supporting
> > new types of hardware; and adding support for several emerging
> > standards. SP1 also will continue to make it easier for IT
> > administrators to deploy and manage Windows Vista. Windows Vista Service
> > Pack 1 Five Language Standalone version can be installed on systems with
> > any of the following language versions: English (US), French, German,
> > Japanese, or Spanish (Traditional).
> > scrooge
> >

> > --
> > scrooge

ing. Muskus

Re: HELP KB936330
ok, rebooting is part of the install, it took you one hour, mine takes about
4 to 5 hours, is that Normal??

Thanks for the help. I'll check the support and I'll install it before I go
to bed.