How do I rename multiple photos

Heriberto Román

How do I rename multiple photos
Renaming multiple photos is a mess in Vista, it numbers photos in a random
way, not in the order the user wants them. Any solution?

Paul Montgomery

Re: How do I rename multiple photos
On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 22:38:04 -0400, Heriberto Román
<heryroman@libertypr.net> wrote:

>Renaming multiple photos is a mess in Vista, it numbers photos in a random
>way, not in the order the user wants them. Any solution?

Download Bulk Rename Utility (Google it - it's free). It looks
complicated but once you figure it out, it's GREAT for renaming tons
of files.
Helixer

"Heriberto Román" wrote:

> Renaming multiple photos is a mess in Vista, it numbers photos in a random
> way, not in the order the user wants them. Any solution?

Use Picasa, it's also free. It's easy to use a lot of other functions. To
rename just highlight the photos then put a name.
Phillips

Re: How do I rename multiple photos
To rename, select more photos and rename; you get same name plus a number
for each photo: ex JaneDoe(1).jpg, JaneDoe(2).jpg etc.

To keep it simple, I organize photos in separate folders named by the type
of event, date or whatever other criterion.
Then, I select all photos in the folder and rename them.
That makes for easier backup; I just paste folders on another hard drive
then just add the newer ones.

Of course, you can get fancier w/ tags, photo album organizers and so on.
Vista has such features; just type Photo Gallery in the "Start Search" box.
Also, many pics organizers available to download on the web.

Michael

"Helixer" <Helixer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "Heriberto Román" wrote:
>
>> Renaming multiple photos is a mess in Vista, it numbers photos in a
>> random
>> way, not in the order the user wants them. Any solution?

> Use Picasa, it's also free. It's easy to use a lot of other functions. To
> rename just highlight the photos then put a name.

Flight

Re: How do I rename multiple photos

"Phillips" <afn18721@afn.org> schreef in bericht
> To rename, select more photos and rename; you get same name plus a number
> for each photo: ex JaneDoe(1).jpg, JaneDoe(2).jpg etc.
>
> To keep it simple, I organize photos in separate folders named by the type
> of event, date or whatever other criterion.
> Then, I select all photos in the folder and rename them.
> That makes for easier backup; I just paste folders on another hard drive
> then just add the newer ones.
>
> Of course, you can get fancier w/ tags, photo album organizers and so on.
> Vista has such features; just type Photo Gallery in the "Start Search"
> box. Also, many pics organizers available to download on the web.
>
> Michael
>
> "Helixer" <Helixer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>

>> "Heriberto Román" wrote:
>>
>>> Renaming multiple photos is a mess in Vista, it numbers photos in a
>>> random
>>> way, not in the order the user wants them. Any solution?

>> Use Picasa, it's also free. It's easy to use a lot of other functions. To
>> rename just highlight the photos then put a name.

Already tried the very simple to use and freeware FilerenamerBasic?

Phillips

Re: How do I rename multiple photos
No, I never heard of that program. I do not take many photos, so I just
rename the whole folder downloaded from the camera's SD card and then
'Select all' and 'Rename' inside the folder.

For anything more complex, I guess it's better to use a photo
organizer/album with tags.

Michael

"Flight" <jPUNTvoorbeeld@gmailPUNTcom> wrote in message

> "Phillips" <afn18721@afn.org> schreef in bericht
>> To rename, select more photos and rename; you get same name plus a number
>> for each photo: ex JaneDoe(1).jpg, JaneDoe(2).jpg etc.
>>
>> To keep it simple, I organize photos in separate folders named by the
>> type of event, date or whatever other criterion.
>> Then, I select all photos in the folder and rename them.
>> That makes for easier backup; I just paste folders on another hard drive
>> then just add the newer ones.
>>
>> Of course, you can get fancier w/ tags, photo album organizers and so on.
>> Vista has such features; just type Photo Gallery in the "Start Search"
>> box. Also, many pics organizers available to download on the web.
>>
>> Michael
>>
>> "Helixer" <Helixer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>>> Use Picasa, it's also free. It's easy to use a lot of other functions.
>>> rename just highlight the photos then put a name.

> Already tried the very simple to use and freeware FilerenamerBasic?

filemaker is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
renaming multiple photos in vista
the only good solution to do so, is this:

1. go to windows explorer en find the map with photos you want to re-arrange
2. go to "organise" en look at "indeling" (in dutch sorry) en activate "menubalk"
3. go to "beeld" en activate "details"
4. rightclick on emty field and klick "sorteren op" and next on "more"
5. de-select everything so that only "name" is selected
6. choose for big pictograms in "beeld"
7. re-order the photos as you want them (same as in xp)
8. deselect "auto arrange" in "beeld" from the "menubalk"
9. select all photos and give an rightclick on the first photo and choose rename (same as in xp)

Only problem I have doing this, is the last photo coming on the first place. You can change the number then by hand. Another problem is that you cannot make the starting number an high number. You can change the number in another program (as told before: bulkrenmae).

Sorry for my "boeruh" english.

My first reaction on this forum, but a good one isn't?

enjoy!!