the only good solution to do so, is this:
1. go to windows explorer en find the map with photos you want to re-arrange
2. go to "organise" en look at "indeling" (in dutch sorry) en activate "menubalk"
3. go to "beeld" en activate "details"
4. rightclick on emty field and klick "sorteren op" and next on "more"
5. de-select everything so that only "name" is selected
6. choose for big pictograms in "beeld"
7. re-order the photos as you want them (same as in xp)
8. deselect "auto arrange" in "beeld" from the "menubalk"
9. select all photos and give an rightclick on the first photo and choose rename (same as in xp)
Only problem I have doing this, is the last photo coming on the first place. You can change the number then by hand. Another problem is that you cannot make the starting number an high number. You can change the number in another program (as told before: bulkrenmae).
Sorry for my "boeruh" english.
My first reaction on this forum, but a good one isn't?