explorer.exe

Essfadmen231

explorer.exe

*okay. this is really beginning to make me mad. i am using the hp
pavillion tx2000. i bought it a few months ago. i've had to format it 3
times so far. i am -really- trying to avoid doing that again. i know
that there is a related thread, but i tried it, and it doesn't work
because i can't really access anything without it saying that it's not
responding. my problem is the following:

i was doing nothing out of the ordinary when i got the bsod. i
obviously followed what it said, and when the system rebooted, i got in
again. the same thing happened 3 times. it stopped, but the only
difference was that there was an epic lag. i learned to ignore it for a
day. then last night explorer stopped working. not ie. i use firefox.. i
opened up the task manager and went to processes. i ended explorer.exe
and restarted it. it worked for about 2 seconds. my desktop went black
and the task bar froze. i restarted, and the same thing happened. i have
a lot of files on here that i can't even access to put on a disk due to
this problem. a lot of the files are .psd.. things that i have spent a
long time on, so i'm trying everything to get my laptop back up
-without- deleting everything.

i would really appreciate the help from you guys. thanks..
*

--
Essfadmen231
Essfadmen231

Re: explorer.exe

Bump

--
Essfadmen231
Essfadmen231

Re: explorer.exe

Somoene Please help! I tried blink's SFC, but I have a problem, I can't
open the command prompt as Admin -.-

--
Essfadmen231
Paul Montgomery

Re: explorer.exe
On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 17:44:51 -0500, Essfadmen231
<guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

>Bump

You're a moron. Your original post isn't even an hour old.

And the subject line is hardly going to attract a wave of
participants.

PLUS... "bump" only works on that web-based forum you've chosen to
use. All that the majority of viewers of your posts see is "bump",
nothing else.
Rick Rogers

Re: explorer.exe
A few month old laptop that has bsod's likely has faulty hardware. Contact
HP support and have your system checked under warranty. Backup data you
don't want to lose before doing so.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Essfadmen231" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> *okay. this is really beginning to make me mad. i am using the hp
> pavillion tx2000. i bought it a few months ago. i've had to format it 3
> times so far. i am -really- trying to avoid doing that again. i know
> that there is a related thread, but i tried it, and it doesn't work
> because i can't really access anything without it saying that it's not
> responding. my problem is the following:
>
> i was doing nothing out of the ordinary when i got the bsod. i
> obviously followed what it said, and when the system rebooted, i got in
> again. the same thing happened 3 times. it stopped, but the only
> difference was that there was an epic lag. i learned to ignore it for a
> day. then last night explorer stopped working. not ie. i use firefox.. i
> opened up the task manager and went to processes. i ended explorer.exe
> and restarted it. it worked for about 2 seconds. my desktop went black
> and the task bar froze. i restarted, and the same thing happened. i have
> a lot of files on here that i can't even access to put on a disk due to
> this problem. a lot of the files are .psd.. things that i have spent a
> long time on, so i'm trying everything to get my laptop back up
> -without- deleting everything.
>
> i would really appreciate the help from you guys. thanks..
> *
>

> --
> Essfadmen231

Rick Rogers

Re: explorer.exe
repost after reexaming it to see if sufficient (but not too much)
information was supplied, not "bump" it.

The forum you are using is merely slurping posts from Microsoft's newsserver
forums. A fancy window dressing if you may.

--

> Bump
>

> --
> Essfadmen231

bhc6971 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Essfadmen231 - you are a moron. you can't stop explorer.exe process as it is the Windows SHELL! you will certainly get BSOD and freezes.

Your unit is still under warranty so call HP and either get a tech out to check it out or try what their tech support tells you to do. BSOD is usually HW related.

And I really hate repeating it but get a good sized USB Hard Drive to back
your crap up on!!!! If you're too cheap to do this then you get what you deserve!
lewi007

Re: explorer.exe

Essfadmen231;804003 Wrote:
> Someone Please help! I tried blink's SFC, but I have a problem, I can't
> open the command prompt as Admin -.-

I did a system restore to a date when I know my laptop was working
properly, reinstalled the MS pdates and everything was fine. I think it
may have been a bad MS update. Hope this helps!

--
lewi007