The DPI option

Catmandu

The DPI option

Hello everyone from a very wet and windy Cornwall, UK. Still waiting
for summer to begin!

An elderly friend of mine has a laptop with Vista installed. Her
eyesight is poor so her distant son, up on a visit to her, used the DPI
tool to increase the text size. After seeing her optician she now wants
it set back to the default setting but the 'apply' button to do this is
hidden behind the taskbar.

Her son is now working out in Africa and won't be home until Christmas,
so if anyone can kindly explain how to overcome this problem then I will
attempt to help her out.

With my limited Vista knowledge I've tried a few times to do it, like
changing the screen resolution for instance, but for most things I've
tried I too need to click that hidden apply button!

Many thanks for any help you can give me, guys. The know the old lady
will be very grateful too.

Kind regards,
Ray

--
Catmandu
Sam

Re: The DPI option
"Catmandu" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> the 'apply' button to do this is hidden behind the taskbar.
> --
> Catmandu

Kind of a stupid question (I mean mine), but did you try dragging the window
with the "Apply" button away from the taskbar?

Steve Thackery

Re: The DPI option
Click with the mouse in the little icon right at the very top left of the
window, in the title bar. Then select 'Move'. Then use your arrow keys to
move the window until the wanted button comes into sight.

SteveT

Catmandu

Re: The DPI option

Hi Steve,

Thanks for that suggestion. As it is late, I will drive over to her
home tomorrow now and give it a try. I'll post back the result.

Hi Sam,

The DPI window showing on her laptop screen is too tall vertically so
it cannot be dragged upwards. Thanks anyway for the tip.

--
Catmandu
bhk

> Hi Steve,
>
> Thanks for that suggestion. As it is late, I will drive over to her
> home tomorrow now and give it a try. I'll post back the result.
>
> Hi Sam,
>
> The DPI window showing on her laptop screen is too tall vertically so
> it cannot be dragged upwards. Thanks anyway for the tip.
>

> --
> Catmandu

Hi Catmandu

A further point from sunny Sussex (well it was earlier today). In addition
to the above advice check whether the page is maximized. If it is click on
the middle button in the top right corner to make the page variable in size.
You may then be able to drag the bottom of the page upwards or re-position
the page by dragging with the mouse.

regards

Kenneth

Catmandu

Re: The DPI option

Hi Steve,

As promised I return to say your solution worked just fine. Spoke with
the lady this morning and she followed your instructions to the letter.
She was quite delighted that it worked and could now resize the text
back to her liking.

I am quite pleased as well because it saved me driving out quite a
distance to her and back, so I am delighted to pass on her grateful
thanks and, of course, mine too for the help.

Kind regards and best wishes,
Ray

--
Catmandu
Steve Thackery

Re: The DPI option
> I am quite pleased as well because it saved me driving out quite a
> distance to her and back, so I am delighted to pass on her grateful
> thanks and, of course, mine too for the help.

You are very welcome.

SteveT