Works 8 update

David Venables

Works 8 update
Hi,

I tried to install the update for Works 8 (KB955428) and keep getting the
error code 8024002D with an instruction to insert a disc. I bought my
computer, from new, with the Works program already installed, so do not have
a disc. I am using Vista Home Premium.

Any ideas how to get around this?

Many thanks for any help.
David

Peter

Re: Works 8 update

Peter
Toronto, Canada
"David Venables" <davidvenables@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I tried to install the update for Works 8 (KB955428) and keep getting the
> error code 8024002D with an instruction to insert a disc. I bought my
> computer, from new, with the Works program already installed, so do not
> have a disc. I am using Vista Home Premium.
>
> Any ideas how to get around this?
>
> Many thanks for any help.
> David

PastorDon is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This is PastorDon:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Venables View Post
:Hi,

I tried to install the update for Works 8 (KB955428) and keep getting the
error code 8024002D with an instruction to insert a disc. I bought my
computer, from new, with the Works program already installed, so do not have
a disc. I am using Vista Home Premium.

Any ideas how to get around this?

Many thanks for any help.
David
Paul Montgomery

Re: Works 8 update
On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 22:34:56 +0100, PastorDon
<PastorDon.3e9bk8@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote:

>This is PastorDon:

And... ?

>David Venables;949336 Wrote:
>> :Hi,
>>
>> I tried to install the update for Works 8 (KB955428) and keep getting
>> the
>> error code 8024002D with an instruction to insert a disc. I bought my
>> computer, from new, with the Works program already installed, so do not
>> have
>> a disc. I am using Vista Home Premium.
>>
>> Any ideas how to get around this?
>>
>> Many thanks for any help.
>> David

crushablemeg

Re: Works 8 update
I am having the exact same issue and that link wasn't very helpful for me I
tried the standalone install as well as the update notification 5 times now
and still keep getting the same thing please insert disc???????

"Peter" wrote:

> Peter
> Toronto, Canada
> "David Venables" <davidvenables@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I tried to install the update for Works 8 (KB955428) and keep getting the
> > error code 8024002D with an instruction to insert a disc. I bought my
> > computer, from new, with the Works program already installed, so do not
> > have a disc. I am using Vista Home Premium.
> >
> > Any ideas how to get around this?
> >
> > Many thanks for any help.
> > David

Paul Montgomery

Re: Works 8 update
On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 21:38:00 -0700, crushablemeg
<crushablemeg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am having the exact same issue and that link wasn't very helpful for me I
>tried the standalone install as well as the update notification 5 times now
>and still keep getting the same thing please insert disc???????

try looking for help where the update gurus hang out:

David Venables

Re: Works 8 update

"Paul Montgomery" <i.m.nonnymous@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 21:38:00 -0700, crushablemeg
> <crushablemeg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>I am having the exact same issue and that link wasn't very helpful for me
>>tried the standalone install as well as the update notification 5 times
>>now
>>and still keep getting the same thing please insert disc???????

> try looking for help where the update gurus hang out:
>
> microsoft.public.windowsupdate

I found this in the above newsgroup which helped me:

I had the same problems installing this update. After much riggamaroll
> searching everywhere it turns out this Update as mentioned is for
> Microsoft Works8. Having a new machine like most of you I assumed I had
> Works8 installed.
>
> I don't! It's Works 8.5.
> This update is not needed and can be successfully just ignored or
> hidden.
>
> To find your versionin vista anyway)
> 1) Click Start > All Programs > and then PC Help & Tools > Click
> Recovery Manager.
>
> The recovery manager welcome screen opens.
>
> 2) Click Next.
> 3) On the Software Program re-installation screen select Yes, and then
> click Next.
> 4) On the Welcome screen, click Next.
> 5) Look for the Microsoft Works program and check if there is any
> version number next to it.
>
> If it 8.5 as mine was your done. Just ignore or hide the Update.
>
> Now you'd think the update would recognize this but hey it's Microsoft.
> It ain't ever easy.
>
> Best of Luck...

Dave T.

Re: Works 8 update
David Venables wrote:

> "Paul Montgomery" <i.m.nonnymous@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 21:38:00 -0700, crushablemeg
>> <crushablemeg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I am having the exact same issue and that link wasn't very helpful
>>> for me I
>>> tried the standalone install as well as the update notification 5
>>> times now
>>> and still keep getting the same thing please insert disc???????

>> try looking for help where the update gurus hang out:
>>
>> microsoft.public.windowsupdate

> I found this in the above newsgroup which helped me:
>
> I had the same problems installing this update. After much riggamaroll
>> searching everywhere it turns out this Update as mentioned is for
>> Microsoft Works8. Having a new machine like most of you I assumed I had
>> Works8 installed.
>>
>> I don't! It's Works 8.5.
>> This update is not needed and can be successfully just ignored or
>> hidden.
>>
>> To find your versionin vista anyway)
>> 1) Click Start > All Programs > and then PC Help & Tools > Click
>> Recovery Manager.
>>
>> The recovery manager welcome screen opens.
>>
>> 2) Click Next.
>> 3) On the Software Program re-installation screen select Yes, and then
>> click Next.
>> 4) On the Welcome screen, click Next.
>> 5) Look for the Microsoft Works program and check if there is any
>> version number next to it.
>>
>> If it 8.5 as mine was your done. Just ignore or hide the Update.
>>
>> Now you'd think the update would recognize this but hey it's Microsoft.
>> It ain't ever easy.
>>
>> Best of Luck...

Curious where you got this info. I have Works 8.5, and the update
installed (manually) just fine. Did microsoft tell you that it was not
for Works 8.5?

--
Dave T.

You can't imagine the extra work I had when I was a god. - Hirohito,
Emporer of Japan
David Venables

Re: Works 8 update
I got it from the newsgroup microsoft.public.windowsupdate, I don't know
whether the person who posted it got the information from direct from
microsoft. There were few
postings which seemed to confirm it to be true.

I did try to manually install the update, to no avail.

David

"Dave T." <davey@MyPlace.net> wrote in message
> David Venables wrote:
>>

>> "Paul Montgomery" <i.m.nonnymous@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message

>>> try looking for help where the update gurus hang out:
>>>
>>> microsoft.public.windowsupdate

>> I found this in the above newsgroup which helped me:
>>
>> I had the same problems installing this update. After much riggamaroll
>>> searching everywhere it turns out this Update as mentioned is for
>>> Microsoft Works8. Having a new machine like most of you I assumed I had
>>> Works8 installed.
>>>
>>> I don't! It's Works 8.5.
>>> This update is not needed and can be successfully just ignored or
>>> hidden.
>>>
>>> To find your versionin vista anyway)
>>> 1) Click Start > All Programs > and then PC Help & Tools > Click
>>> Recovery Manager.
>>>
>>> The recovery manager welcome screen opens.
>>>
>>> 2) Click Next.
>>> 3) On the Software Program re-installation screen select Yes, and then
>>> click Next.
>>> 4) On the Welcome screen, click Next.
>>> 5) Look for the Microsoft Works program and check if there is any
>>> version number next to it.
>>>
>>> If it 8.5 as mine was your done. Just ignore or hide the Update.
>>>
>>> Now you'd think the update would recognize this but hey it's Microsoft.
>>> It ain't ever easy.
>>>
>>> Best of Luck...

> Curious where you got this info. I have Works 8.5, and the update
> installed (manually) just fine. Did microsoft tell you that it was not for
> Works 8.5?
>
> --
> Dave T.
>

> You can't imagine the extra work I had when I was a god. - Hirohito,
> Emporer of Japan

Paul Montgomery

Re: Works 8 update
On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 09:36:17 +0100, "David Venables"
<davidvenables@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

>I got it from the newsgroup microsoft.public.windowsupdate, I don't know
>whether the person who posted it got the information from direct from
>microsoft. There were few postings which seemed to confirm it to be true.

You saw it on the Internet so it must be true, huh?