Critical update KB955011 many times succesfull installed

PaulO

Critical update KB955011 many times succesfull installed
Hi,
everytime, again and again, I get the message from 'windows update'
(automatic) that there is an essential update for me, it's about the critical
update KB 9 55 0 11.
Even though this update is downloaded en succesfull installed ('geslaagd' in
Dutch) , immediatly the taskbar shows that this same update is again
available for download en installation (Also after reboot)
See http://www.family-oosten.com/temp/updates_overview.jpg

System: Win Vista Home Premium, SP1

Has anybody a solution for this repetitive install of KB955011?

Let me know,
poosten@planet.nl
LeftFoot

RE: Critical update KB955011 many times succesfull installed
A neighbor of mine had this problem on her Vista SP1 system. When she asked
me for help I just suggested that she uninstall Silverlight completely,
reboot the system, then reinstall Silverlight. That solved the problem for
her. I did not actually do any research into this, other than to see that it
was an update for Silverlight, so -- caveat emptor. But it really shouldn't
hurt anything to uninstall non-essential software like this and then
reinstall it.

"PaulO" wrote:

> Hi,
> everytime, again and again, I get the message from 'windows update'
> (automatic) that there is an essential update for me, it's about the critical
> update KB 9 55 0 11.
> Even though this update is downloaded en succesfull installed ('geslaagd' in
> Dutch) , immediatly the taskbar shows that this same update is again
> available for download en installation (Also after reboot)
> See http://www.family-oosten.com/temp/updates_overview.jpg
>
> System: Win Vista Home Premium, SP1
>
> Has anybody a solution for this repetitive install of KB955011?
>
> Let me know,
> poosten@planet.nl

LeftFoot

RE: Critical update KB955011 many times succesfull installed
BTW, I assumed that you had read the article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/955011

There's a link within the article for installing Silverlight.

"PaulO" wrote:

> Hi,
> everytime, again and again, I get the message from 'windows update'
> (automatic) that there is an essential update for me, it's about the critical
> update KB 9 55 0 11.
> Even though this update is downloaded en succesfull installed ('geslaagd' in
> Dutch) , immediatly the taskbar shows that this same update is again
> available for download en installation (Also after reboot)
> See http://www.family-oosten.com/temp/updates_overview.jpg
>
> System: Win Vista Home Premium, SP1
>
> Has anybody a solution for this repetitive install of KB955011?
>
> Let me know,
> poosten@planet.nl

PaulO

RE: Critical update KB955011 many times succesfull installed
Sure, I read the article, and some more ...

Tried what you suggested your neighbor. It works !!
After rebooting the critical update wanted still listed, but when I tried to
install it, it said it was not neccesary and gave me 2 updates: Silverlight 1
and the critical update.
Installed these 2, then upgraded myself to Silverlight 2-beta 2.

AND THEN ... there where all of a suddden 13 microsoft updates available (10
critical). Looks like that Silverlight-debacle blocked new available updates,
because, hey, 13 new available updates in a few minutes?

THNX, where would I be without a LeftFoot?
Paul Oosten

"LeftFoot" wrote:

> A neighbor of mine had this problem on her Vista SP1 system. When she asked
> me for help I just suggested that she uninstall Silverlight completely,
> reboot the system, then reinstall Silverlight. That solved the problem for
> her. I did not actually do any research into this, other than to see that it
> was an update for Silverlight, so -- caveat emptor. But it really shouldn't
> hurt anything to uninstall non-essential software like this and then
> reinstall it.
>
> "PaulO" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > everytime, again and again, I get the message from 'windows update'
> > (automatic) that there is an essential update for me, it's about the critical
> > update KB 9 55 0 11.
> > Even though this update is downloaded en succesfull installed ('geslaagd' in
> > Dutch) , immediatly the taskbar shows that this same update is again
> > available for download en installation (Also after reboot)
> > See http://www.family-oosten.com/temp/updates_overview.jpg
> >
> > System: Win Vista Home Premium, SP1
> >
> > Has anybody a solution for this repetitive install of KB955011?
> >
> > Let me know,
> > poosten@planet.nl

LeftFoot

RE: Critical update KB955011 many times succesfull installed
Hi, PaulO!

I'm glad you got it straightened out.

And the thir**** new updates is just a coincidence. Today is Patch Tuesday!
You would have seen those new updates whether or not you had fixed the
Silverlight problem!

Have a good one!