Schedular

GrahamH

Schedular
Hi,
is there a setting in vista schedular so that it will re-run a missed
schedule, due to the pc being turned off at the time of the set shedule. And
to re-run on next boot up.
I dont leave my pc on 24hrs a day like what the shedular seems to be
programmed for.
Regards,
Graham....

Dave T.

Re: Schedular
GrahamH wrote:
> Hi,
> is there a setting in vista schedular so that it will re-run a missed
> schedule, due to the pc being turned off at the time of the set shedule.
> And to re-run on next boot up.
> I dont leave my pc on 24hrs a day like what the shedular seems to be
> programmed for.
> Regards,
> Graham....

Open the properties of the task you are working on, click the settings
tab, you will see a check box that allows the option to "Run the task as
soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed".

--
Dave T.

I've learned that whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.
GrahamH

Re: Schedular
Hi,
thanks for reply, i have the option that you pointed out under
properties/settings but it will not enable when i click on the tab. It
appears to be greyed out.
Any ideas !!!!!
Regards ,
Graham...
Older/wiser but not more intelligent.

> Open the properties of the task you are working on, click the settings
> tab, you will see a check box that allows the option to "Run the task as
> soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed".
>
> --
> Dave T.
>
> I've learned that whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.

telwat

Re: Schedular

GrahamH;801301 Wrote:
> Hi,
> thanks for reply, i have the option that you pointed out under
> properties/settings but it will not enable when i click on the tab. It
> appears to be greyed out.
> Any ideas !!!!!
> Regards ,
> Graham...
> Older/wiser but not more intelligent.> > >
> > > > >

> > > Open the properties of the task you are working on, click the

> > settings
> > > tab, you will see a check box that allows the option to "Run the

> > task as
> > > soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed".
> > >
> > > --
> > > Dave T.
> > >
> > > I've learned that whatever hits the fan will not be evenly

> > distributed. > >

In the general tab select configure for: windows Vista.

--
telwat
Dave T.

Re: Schedular
GrahamH wrote:
> Hi,
> thanks for reply, i have the option that you pointed out under
> properties/settings but it will not enable when i click on the tab. It
> appears to be greyed out.
> Any ideas !!!!!
> Regards ,
> Graham...
> Older/wiser but not more intelligent.

Hmmm...Is this a task that you created? If this is a "System" task, you
may be blocked out. Try running task scheduler as an admin and see if
that makes a difference.

Dave T.;801946 Wrote:
> GrahamH wrote:> > >
> > > Hi,
> > > thanks for reply, i have the option that you pointed out under
> > > properties/settings but it will not enable when i click on the tab.

> > It
> > > appears to be greyed out.
> > > Any ideas !!!!!
> > > Regards ,
> > > Graham...
> > > Older/wiser but not more intelligent. > >

> Hmmm...Is this a task that you created? If this is a "System" task,
> you
> may be blocked out. Try running task scheduler as an admin and see if
> that makes a difference.
>
> --
> Dave T.
>
> I've learned that whatever hits the fan will not be evenly
> distributed.

System task does not block you out. You can change "System" in another
user.
Selection of "Windows server" in the general tab does grey out the
setting

--
telwat
GrahamH

Re: Schedular
Ok guys sorted,
As telwat says the task needs to be set cofigured for Vista.
To Clarify,
If you go into the Vista Task Schedular and right click on the task in the
schedular library and select properties there`s a box marked configure and
this was set as Windows Xp server or something like that and i have now
changed it to Windows Vista.
This then enables the setting to >"run task as soon as possible after a
scheduled task is missed".
So all is working great now and my image & data backups are working fine.

>> Hmmm...Is this a task that you created? If this is a "System" task,

No its a scheduled task run by task schedular.
GrahamH.

>> > System task does not block you out. You can change "System" in another

> user.
> Selection of "Windows server" in the general tab does grey out the
> setting
> telwat

Spot on........
Graham H.

--
Thanks guys

Dave T.

Re: Schedular
telwat wrote:

> System task does not block you out. You can change "System" in another
> user.
> Selection of "Windows server" in the general tab does grey out the
> setting

Thanks telwat. Never ran into that before, good to know.