Unable synch PC time for the last 8 hours

Peter

Unable synch PC time for the last 8 hours
I get "an error occurred...blah blah" when I try to synch the PC clock with
either time.windows.com or time.nist.gov.
I've even put an exception in McAfee's Firewall Plus 8 System Services for
"Network Time Protocol - Port 123".
Anyone else finding this problem today?

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada

Night Keeper

Re: Unable synch PC time for the last 8 hours
Make sure your time and date are correctly set in Windows. In XP if the date
was wrong, you wouldn't even be allowed to get updates and I assume the same
will happen with Vista.

"Peter" <ex-brit AT rogers DOT com> wrote in message
>I get "an error occurred...blah blah" when I try to synch the PC clock with
>either time.windows.com or time.nist.gov.
> I've even put an exception in McAfee's Firewall Plus 8 System Services for
> "Network Time Protocol - Port 123".
> Anyone else finding this problem today?
>
> --
> Peter
> Toronto, Canada
> XP Pro SP2 x 2 + Vista Ultimate fully updated
> P4 D865GBFL HT @ 3.0ghz 4.0gb DDR 700gb HD
> Sapphire Radeon X1650 Pro Graphics
> Creative Soundblaster Audigy 4 Audio

Peter

Re: Unable synch PC time for the last 8 hours
I'm in Vista at the moment and managed to get it to update after two failed
attempts...strange. My day/date is all correct as is my time zone. Never
had this problem in years!

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada

"Night Keeper" <nightkeeper@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Make sure your time and date are correctly set in Windows. In XP if the
> date was wrong, you wouldn't even be allowed to get updates and I assume
> the same will happen with Vista.
>

> "Peter" <ex-brit AT rogers DOT com> wrote in message
>>I get "an error occurred...blah blah" when I try to synch the PC clock
>>with either time.windows.com or time.nist.gov.
>> I've even put an exception in McAfee's Firewall Plus 8 System Services
>> for "Network Time Protocol - Port 123".
>> Anyone else finding this problem today?
>>
>> --
>> Peter
>> Toronto, Canada
>> XP Pro SP2 x 2 + Vista Ultimate fully updated
>> P4 D865GBFL HT @ 3.0ghz 4.0gb DDR 700gb HD
>> Sapphire Radeon X1650 Pro Graphics
>> Creative Soundblaster Audigy 4 Audio

Joe Grover

Re: Unable synch PC time for the last 8 hours
If it happens again, make sure the Windows Time service is running.

> I'm in Vista at the moment and managed to get it to update after two
> failed attempts...strange. My day/date is all correct as is my time zone.
> Never had this problem in years!
>
> --
> Peter
> Toronto, Canada
> XP Pro SP2 x 2 + Vista Ultimate
> P4 HT @ 3.00ghz, 4.0gb RAM, 700gb HDD
>
> "Night Keeper" <nightkeeper@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Make sure your time and date are correctly set in Windows. In XP if the
>> date was wrong, you wouldn't even be allowed to get updates and I assume
>> the same will happen with Vista.
>>

>> "Peter" <ex-brit AT rogers DOT com> wrote in message
>>>I get "an error occurred...blah blah" when I try to synch the PC clock
>>>with either time.windows.com or time.nist.gov.
>>> I've even put an exception in McAfee's Firewall Plus 8 System Services
>>> for "Network Time Protocol - Port 123".
>>> Anyone else finding this problem today?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Peter
>>> Toronto, Canada
>>> XP Pro SP2 x 2 + Vista Ultimate fully updated
>>> P4 D865GBFL HT @ 3.0ghz 4.0gb DDR 700gb HD
>>> Sapphire Radeon X1650 Pro Graphics
>>> Creative Soundblaster Audigy 4 Audio

Peter

Re: Unable synch PC time for the last 8 hours
That was the first thing I looked at - thanks ;-)

--

"Joe Grover" <grover.joe@acd.net> wrote in message
> If it happens again, make sure the Windows Time service is running.
>

> "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I'm in Vista at the moment and managed to get it to update after two
>> failed attempts...strange. My day/date is all correct as is my time
>> zone. Never had this problem in years!
>>
>> --
>> Peter
>> Toronto, Canada
>> XP Pro SP2 x 2 + Vista Ultimate
>> P4 HT @ 3.00ghz, 4.0gb RAM, 700gb HDD
>>
>> "Night Keeper" <nightkeeper@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Make sure your time and date are correctly set in Windows. In XP if the
>>> date was wrong, you wouldn't even be allowed to get updates and I assume
>>> the same will happen with Vista.

=?Utf-8?B?Um9u?=

Re: Unable synch PC time for the last 8 hours
I had the same problem.
Ichanged my time to a wrong time(set the clock back 10 minutes) and ran
synchronise again.
Since then it works correctly

"Joe Grover" wrote:

> If it happens again, make sure the Windows Time service is running.
>

> "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm in Vista at the moment and managed to get it to update after two
> > failed attempts...strange. My day/date is all correct as is my time zone.
> > Never had this problem in years!
> >
> > --
> > Peter
> > Toronto, Canada
> > XP Pro SP2 x 2 + Vista Ultimate
> > P4 HT @ 3.00ghz, 4.0gb RAM, 700gb HDD
> >
> > "Night Keeper" <nightkeeper@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Make sure your time and date are correctly set in Windows. In XP if the
> >> date was wrong, you wouldn't even be allowed to get updates and I assume
> >> the same will happen with Vista.

Peter

Re: Unable synch PC time for the last 8 hours
Interesting trick, I'll try it the next time.