Unintended windows collapsing in Vista !!

Yves Dubeau

Unintended windows collapsing in Vista !!
There is a very annoying behavior on my computer. The issue is that when I
open a window at times it minimizes to the bottom task bar. An example is
while composing an e-mail then moving the mouse to send the window might
collapse and one think that the message was sent, however later on you see
the collapse window in the bottom or two days later you see your e-mail in
your draft folder. Other windows will collapse in other program as well.
Currently in the appearance settings are set to Vista Aero. I would
appreciate feedback in order to solve this annoying phenomena!

=?Utf-8?B?dGFtcG9u?=

RE: Unintended windows collapsing in Vista !!
i am getting the same problem, its very annoying. mine happens when i click
on the scroll bar on any links or just by simply clicking on any part of the
page, it happens with every single window i have open so i know its not
connected to any of the programs im running.

its kind of conforting to know someone else is having this problem, but its
still worrying when the manufaturers and microsoft wont help you or dont know
whats causing it.
--
thanx

clark-64

"tampon" wrote:

> i am getting the same problem, its very annoying. mine happens when i click
> on the scroll bar on any links or just by simply clicking on any part of the
> page, it happens with every single window i have open so i know its not
> connected to any of the programs im running.
>
> its kind of conforting to know someone else is having this problem, but its
> still worrying when the manufaturers and microsoft wont help you or dont know
> whats causing it.
> --
> thanx

Its only a comfort to know you're not losing your mind because very
expensive software programs aren't supposed to work so badly with each new
revision.

To your knowledge (or anyone's reading) or experience, are there any
microsoft employees that care to read these questions, or do i need to go
elsewhere for that. It sure is hard to get them to respond.

Gates should forgo one of his many billions of dollars and give it to the
company to run a better help service for the many customers that make him
rich - especially when his product only serves to give people headaches, not
to mention IT WASTES OUR TIME AND REDUCES OUR PRODUCTIVITY. This new windows
is so unexpectedly bad, especially when win xp worked so great and made me
believe windows finally got their stuff together. I've never had so many
crashes since win Me and 64mb of ram. My prior toshiba laptop NEVER crashed
in the 4 years it lasted, but the hp laptop with 1gig of ram, that i finally
returned to try out another toshiba, crashed every day. Crossing my fingers
with this more expensive toshiba and hoping my time wasted by vista is my
only problem now.
Neil Harley

clark-64 wrote:

> "tampon" wrote:
>
>> i am getting the same problem, its very annoying. mine happens when i click
>> on the scroll bar on any links or just by simply clicking on any part of the
>> page, it happens with every single window i have open so i know its not
>> connected to any of the programs im running.
>>
>> its kind of conforting to know someone else is having this problem, but its
>> still worrying when the manufaturers and microsoft wont help you or dont know
>> whats causing it.

Check your drivers or mouse software.

>> --
>> thanx

> Its only a comfort to know you're not losing your mind because very
> expensive software programs aren't supposed to work so badly with each new
> revision.

What software isn't working? Vista? It works here with no problems at
all but then I built the PC myself rather than go to a store which
installs all manner of junk and doesn't set-up the OS very well.

> To your knowledge (or anyone's reading) or experience, are there any
> microsoft employees that care to read these questions, or do i need to go
> elsewhere for that. It sure is hard to get them to respond.

Microsoft employees do occasionally respond to the posts here but it
isn't part of their job.

> Gates should forgo one of his many billions of dollars and give it to the
> company to run a better help service for the many customers that make him
> rich - especially when his product only serves to give people headaches, not
> to mention IT WASTES OUR TIME AND REDUCES OUR PRODUCTIVITY. This new windows
> is so unexpectedly bad, especially when win xp worked so great and made me
> believe windows finally got their stuff together. I've never had so many
> crashes since win Me and 64mb of ram. My prior toshiba laptop NEVER crashed
> in the 4 years it lasted, but the hp laptop with 1gig of ram, that i finally
> returned to try out another toshiba, crashed every day. Crossing my fingers
> with this more expensive toshiba and hoping my time wasted by vista is my
> only problem now.

If you are 'trying' laptops from a store I suggest you're going to a
store which hasn't installed things properly, has installed junk or they
haven't supplied you with the correct/latest drivers.

Post back some more information such as what software doesn't work, what
problems you're experiencing and what error messages you receive. Maybe
then someone will be able to help you out.

clark-64

"Neil Harley" wrote:

> Check your drivers or mouse software.
>
> What software isn't working? Vista? It works here with no problems at
> all but then I built the PC myself rather than go to a store which
> installs all manner of junk and doesn't set-up the OS very well.

> If you are 'trying' laptops from a store I suggest you're going to a
> store which hasn't installed things properly, has installed junk or they
> haven't supplied you with the correct/latest drivers.
>
> Post back some more information such as what software doesn't work, what
> problems you're experiencing and what error messages you receive. Maybe
> then someone will be able to help you out.

This was a Toshiba laptop touchpad settings issue, for the "tapping" control.

You can configure it to do many different things and for some reason the
shipping config had set the corners areas to min or max the screen by tapping
in the right corners - also, the designated area sizes were set too large,
so the likelihood of tapping a corner area was good. Designating the
corners to do nothing, or some other function, as well as/or reducing the
corner area sizes 'fixed' this problem.
You were right about the mouse - they should have set tapping the corners to
do no special functions, for new computers.