Cd Driver not reading discs.

lolman14

Cd Driver not reading discs.

FYI im not that smart when it comes to computers
But i just got this new computer and i have had so many problems with
it so far.
I have 64 bit vista and no matter what disc i put in it doesnt read it
and it doesnt even recognize that there is a disc in. Please Help,
Nick

--
lolman14
v-6muthr

Re: Cd Driver not reading discs.

Try to delete the the Upper Filter and Lowerfilter from
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E956-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Try with a differnt CD/DVD ROM Drive

--
v-6muthr
Paul Montgomery

Re: Cd Driver not reading discs.
On Tue, 5 Aug 2008 19:09:35 -0500, v-6muthr <guest@unknown-email.com>
wrote:

>Try to delete the the Upper Filter and Lowerfilter from
>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contr ol\Class\{4D36E956-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

You're a moron. The OP is a total newb and has no clue what you are
talking about. I doubt that you do either.

>Try with a differnt CD/DVD ROM Drive
>

>lolman14;796438 Wrote:
>> FYI im not that smart when it comes to computers
>> But i just got this new computer and i have had so many problems with
>> it so far.
>> I have 64 bit vista and no matter what disc i put in it doesnt read it
>> and it doesnt even recognize that there is a disc in. Please Help,
>> Nick

>--
>v-6muthr

Ken Blake, MVP

Re: Cd Driver not reading discs.
On Tue, 5 Aug 2008 18:58:03 -0500, lolman14 <guest@unknown-email.com>
wrote:

> FYI im not that smart when it comes to computers
> But i just got this new computer and i have had so many problems with
> it so far.
> I have 64 bit vista and no matter what disc i put in it doesnt read it
> and it doesnt even recognize that there is a disc in. Please Help,

Problems with a new computer should always be directed to the
manufacturer/vendor. Get them to fix whatever is wrong under the
warranty.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Frenchy

lolman14 wrote:
> FYI im not that smart when it comes to computers
> But i just got this new computer and i have had so many problems with
> it so far.
> I have 64 bit vista and no matter what disc i put in it doesnt read it
> and it doesnt even recognize that there is a disc in. Please Help,
> Nick

Open CONTROL PANEL (from the START Orb Menu). Put it in CLASSIC MODE.
Double click DEVICE MANAGER.

Make sure there are no yellow explanation marks on your DVD/CD ROM
drives (or anything else).

Double click the DVD device name. Does it say "The device is working
properly" on the GENERAL Tab?

Set your DVD region while you are here (in case the supplier didn't).
Also check the DRIVER Tab and you could try UPDATE DRIVER letting it
search the Web.

Report back for more help

Frenchy
Han Solo

Re: Cd Driver not reading discs.

What is meant by deleting the upper and lower filter? In other words
what would be considered a filter?

--
Han Solo
John Barnett MVP

Re: Cd Driver not reading discs.
Upper and lower filters are actual contents of the registry. Those are the
names of the 'filters'
When you access the relevant registry key simply look for the word
'UpperFilters' or 'LowerFilters' in the text in the details pane of the
registry.

see this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

John Barnett MVP
Windows XP Associate Expert
Windows Desktop Experience

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org
Web: http://www.silversurfer-guide.com

mail/post..

"Han Solo" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> What is meant by deleting the upper and lower filter? In other words
> what would be considered a filter?
>

> --
> Han Solo

The C.

Re: Cd Driver not reading discs.
Try unistalling this drive via device manager the reboot computer. Also check
to see if there is a firmware update from the cd drive web site.
--
Computer Novice

"And In The End... The Love You Take, Is Equal To The Love You Make"