Vista Ultimate Extras missing

kjacob_Maine

Vista Ultimate Extras missing
I have Vista Ultimate on a Dell Latitude D830, 2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2 Gb RAM.
The operating system repeatedly locks up on rebooting, stalling at the
opening of the sidebar and limiting program access and other functions.
Vista Ultimate was reinstalled on about 5 months ago (2 months after it was
put into service). Since that time it has had ongoing problems with the same
performance issue which a technical forum diagnosed as a Theme issue. As
long as I keep changing the theme, it seems to load and operate smoothly.
Since that Time I have also lost all Vista Ultimate Upgrades. I have
attempted to reinstall them, but the download site indicated that there are
no upgrades available for my system. Among these is the game Texas Hold’em
which I did have when originally installed but have lost since that time.

KJ
Chuck

Re: Vista Ultimate Extras missing
I don't know all the details to really judge, but it looks like you might
have a hardware problem.
"The operating system repeatedly locks up on rebooting"
"a technical forum diagnosed as a Theme issue"
"Vista Ultimate was reinstalled on about 5 months ago (2 months after it was
put into service".
Losing applications is also a symptom of a serious problem.

If it were mine, I'd send it back to Dell, and ask for replacement or my
money back.